Chapter Four

Yeosang's POV

Sitting in the dark room alone was getting tiring. My thoughts were a never ending cycle and it didn't help my mood any. I was angry at the fact that my friends were so careless to bring a human to our house. At any given moment any one of us could break at the sight of blood. While a few of us can hold our own some of us still crave it despite us being not feeding on humans. It worried me to get close to a human who has blood coursing through their veins. I don't think I could trust myself. I obviously don't want to hurt the girl, but keeping a distance would be best for both of us.

I got up off the floor and walked over to my bookshelf. I traced my fingers along the stems finally finding the book I wanted. It was an old book one that truly meant a lot. While the leather cover was torn and worn luckily the pages were still intact. After all these years of use the book still held meaning despite it being worn. But it was the last thing I had of my past life before I was changed. The only thing worth saving amongst my life being in ruins.

Subconsciously I rubbed at my arm feeling the rough skin underneath my sweater. Memories flashed through my mind as I remembered the day I got burned. It would forever be engraved into my mind.

I hurriedly slammed the book shut before putting it back and headed to where my friends were. For now I had to get out of this room. It was too suffocating. As I reached the hallway I could hear the faint sound of a video game being played.

My seven brothers and the girl were sitting in the living room watching as Mingi and Wooyoung duked it out. I froze upon seeing the girl as she glanced my way. Our eyes locked neither one of us breaking it. She was a cute petite girl with jet black hair and a round face. I cleared my throat breaking our staring game. I rose a brow at her as if to say I win.

. . .

Jisoo's POV

I joined the guys in the living room as two of them were batting out while playing a video game. I was hardly paying attention to the game but concentrating on the guy named Yunho. He seemed to be thinking hard on something as he stared blankly ahead. If I didn't know any better I would guess he was a statue since he hardly moved. As if sensing my stare he looked back at me.

For a brief moment I swear I saw his eyes flash red before he quickly looked away. Confused I just blamed it being really exhausted. Suddenly I felt a shoulder nudge me snapping me back to reality. I looked over to see the raven haired one was the one who nudged me.

"It's not polite to stare". San whispered pulling away. I nodded fiddling with the ring I wore. Beside me I heard a chuckle confusing me. "I was only kidding". San said as if to clarify. The red haired one turned around facing us. "Give the girl a break she's probably exhausted. I'm sorry for San's behavior. Sometimes he gets carried away with his jokes". Hongjoong said as he gave San a look.

San only shrugged a smile tugging on his lip. "It's okay, I can handle jokes". I said as I broke the silence.

Suddenly another boy came in but stopped when our eyes finally met. He had brown hair with a red beanie atop his head. He wore a sweater paired with athletic pants. To be honest he was actually quite cute. Suddenly he cleared his throat causing me to blink. He rose a brow at me as if to say I win.

The game was paused as everyone stared at the two of us. "Go ahead introduce yourself". Jongho announced nudging the guy. The guy looked towards me a pained expression written in his pale features. He opened his mouth but nothing came out. He closed his mouth letting a sigh escape. The guy tugged at the end of his sweaters sleeves covering his hands. I rose a brow at him awaiting to find out his name.

"I'm Yeosang". He nodded but the expression on his face made it look like it pained him to speak to me. I stood up from my spot bowing.

"Hello I'm Kim Jisoo". I bowed taking my seat. Something told me that there was something special about this cold guy.

Yeosang. I wondered as his name rang repeatedly in my mind.

That concludes the end of chapter four of A Different Kind. What was your favorite part? So Yeosang officially met Jisoo. I want to thank everyone for reading this book and supporting it. I can't thank you enough. What do you think will happen next? Any guesses? Don't forget to vote and comment. What is your feedback/opinion of this story so far?

*I will announce a special message later on today so definitely look forward to it*.

Until next time ✌️