Rude

"Shut the fuck up, you dont know what you are talking about." I screamed as I slammed my bedroom door and fell down against the oak.

I could hear the faint sound of sniggering from behind my door.

"I swear to god if you dont leave me alone I will punch your face in." I screamed opening the door.

"You wouldnt be able to punch me. Maybe if you still had your brother to back you up, but hes long gone." He snickered.

That was it he was asking for it. Just as my first was about to make contact with his face my mum grabbed me and shoved me into my room. She slammed the door and told him to go away.

I watched her swing the door open and advance towards me.

"Layla please can you stop fighting for mine and Pete's sake. You are both driving me up the wall. You two are almost as bad as Jake and him." She muttered.

"Look mum I'm sorry he just really pisses me off sometimes." I murmured.

"I know darling but you will be off to uni anyway soon so just hang in there." She muttered, getting up and walking out.

I slumped against the headboard of my bed. She was right, I couldn't wait to get out of this house. I would be 19 in a few weeks so technically I could just move out. The truth was I missed my brother.

I had a twin brother named Jake. We were basically attached at the hip up until Reece moved in with his dad. I have no problem with pete, in fact we get along quite well but the same cannot be said for his son. Reece was the year below me and as soon as he moved in he did everything to piss jake off. It's not that jake felt threatened by him, after all he was taller and bigger and could easily knock him out. Reece was just always there saying stuff that he knew would start a fire within jake. My mum and Pete could handle the fights until they both got older. I remember once jake chipped a bone in his ankle and reece has broken his collarbone many times during their fights. As they got older jake got a lot bigger meaning their fights got more dangerous. I remember the day my mum asked Jake if he wanted to move out. I remeber jake thinking they were forcing him out he cried and just as he was leaving he had an argument with my mum. This happened two years ago and they havent spoken since.

After jake moved out, reece was calm for a week or so but then he realised he had another target, me. I was taller than him but he was obviously bigger so I never stood a chance. He never actually hit me he just said stuff that would push me over the edge. My mum and pete knew what was happening but even after talking to reece many times he still carried on. My mum didnt want me to move out as well so she promised to try and talk to him. And you guessed it, he ignored her. My mum said I couldn't move out yet and it would be pointless as I was planning to move out in a year. So I put up with him.