Little Talks

It had been a day since I had called Jake and he had obviously forgotten to call mum as she hadn't spoken to me since about it. It was about ten In the evening and i was scrolling through instagram when i heard footsteps approaching my door. There was a knock and then my door opened slowly. I switched my phone off and sat up against my head board. My mums face appeared around my door.

"Lays do you have a minute to talk?" She asked.

"Yeah sure mum." I replied patting the duvet beside me. She sat down and began speaking.

"So your brother called me earlier which was a shock as I havent spoken to him for a few years now. He told me that you werent happy living here anymore and you were considering moving in with him and Tom." She muttered.

"Look mum for as long as reece lives here i dont want to be here. It has nothing to do with pete and you. Also I am nearly 18 it's not like I'm going to be here forver." I spoke.

"I know I just feel like it is my fault that jake moved and now you." She broke off in tears.

"Mum it is not your fault it's just truth be told I miss my brother. It's been almost a whole year since I've seen him. I never said I would permanently live there, it's only going to be until I go to uni." I muttered, rubbing her back.

"I knew you would have to move out eventually but after jake left you were the only one left and it just hurts. You know what I mean?" She cried.

"Look mum jake has a spare bedroom at his flat. It's just for convenience at the moment. I know you hate me arguing with reece all the time so I will get out of your way for a bit. Dont worry I will visit." I reassured her.

"Ok but only if you are absolutely sure it is what you want?" She checked.

"Yes mum I want to move in with jake." I finally said.