Prologue

Ethan was sitting in his room, holding a cup of coffee. He closed his eyes as his Adam's apple bobbed while he took a sip of the aromatic beverage, he seemed to be in a deep thought when a phone call broke his concentration, making a grunting sound, he reached for the phone to check the caller ID.

He picked up the call and in the next moment, he was standing in front of a crime scene.
The areas had been completely sealed of  by Police to avoid getting it contaminated. The unfortunate incident took place in a public garden, now filled with the smell of rotting flesh and blood.
Looking up in the sky, Ethan noticed about a dozen of crows flying over the crime scene, waiting to feast on the dead body.

Ethan showed his identity card to the cop guarding the entry after which he was immediately let inside. He walked around the area, inspecting everything closely and tried to gather any possible evidence he could find.

Victim's dead body lied in front, partially hidden behind a tree. There was blood smeared on the grass around the body.

Just before Ethan could reach the victim, A cop interrupted him. He looked up to see the man, he quickly recognised him as his former colleague David.

"Ethan, it's good to have you back, we will need your help with the current scenario we have in our hands!", David spoke up with a tense voice.

"You can relax, David. I will be working in the town from now."
They proceeded to wear gloves before they investigated further. Searching for every evidence possible that can help solve the case.

"Have they taken the samples yet?"

"Samples have already been taken and send to forensic labs", David informed.

"Good, how long will it take to get the reports?"

"It will take about atleast 3-4 days."

Both men took photographs of any possible evidence they could find.

The victim was a female who seemed to be of 16-17 years old. She had a deep cut on her neck. Her hair were non uniformly cut, it appeared as the killer had cut her hair after killing the girl.
They searched for her pocket or any belongings but couldn't find anything.

After finishing their work, they left the crime scene to visit the police station for further inspection of the evidence.

Hey guys!
Thanks for checking out my book. I would love to hear from you.

❤️❤️❤️