Seven

Daniel

                I saw the look of fear in Kyle’s eyes and I couldn’t understand what had him so scared. I wasn’t going to hurt him I was going to hurt the dickhead behind him. Why was he defending this idiot...? Paul was crouched ready to attack me, why was he defending him?

“Kyle, what are you..?” I started to ask but got cut off by Kyle.

“Go, dammit, go! Take Nate to the hospital or something. I don’t care. Just go away before history repeats itself, Daniel!” Kyle yelled at me, and that’s when I understood what had happened. Seeing a guy crouched ready to attack someone who couldn’t defend himself made me remember that incident a couple of years ago… God, what was wrong with me? How could I let my animal side take control of me like this? Kyle was probably right about the chances of history repeating. I felt so angry I was ready to beat the shit out of this guy if he even made one more move towards Nate. So I followed Kyle’s orders and turned around to pick Nate up and get the hell out of here. I carried Nate to the parking lot and put him in the passenger seat. I then got into the car and sped away from school. I was thinking about which was the nearest hospital when I suddenly remembered that not everyone liked speed like I did and, from the corner of my eye, I tried to see if Nate was clutching his seat for dear life but I couldn’t see well. I turned quickly to see that Nate didn’t even seem to notice how fast we were going. He was relaxed in his seat looking around the car as if we weren’t going at twice the maximum speed this highway allowed. He did look like he was in pain but other than that he looked alright. He caught me looking at him before I turned to look back at the road and I caught the annoyed look he gave.

“There was no need for you to carry me like that, I could’ve walked you know.” He said.

                I chuckled, he was worried about me carrying him out of the school? The stain on his pants was still growing and he was worried about me carrying him to the car?

“Yeah, right, you could’ve walked.” I said.

“You don’t believe me.” He deadpanned.

“Nope.”

“I’m not that weak. I could’ve walked.” He insisted.

“Right. Anyways, tough boy, how is it that you’re not holding your seat for dear life?” I asked.

“Well, I’m accustomed to speed. When my mom let me drive the car back before we sold it I hated having to go at normal speed, it was just so tiring. Plus I trust my reflexes and your reflexes as a part of the feline family. I think this issue with speed is normal in us cats.” Nate answered, and his voice sounded different now, less annoyed, friendlier.

“I think you should call your parents, we need their social security number.”

“No need, I know it by heart.” Nate said.

“Alright then.” I said.

                The rest of the drive to the hospital was filled with silence, I really didn’t know what to say, and Nate didn’t seem to be in the mood to talk. I did notice his face was getting paler and paler by the second. And I stepped on the gas, trying to get us to the hospital quickly. When we got there, I, again, carried Nate into the ER. The ER was filled a flurry of people, nurses flying to and from places, people with various types of wounds. I froze for a moment not really knowing what to do. A doctor seemed to notice us and the state Nate was in and hurried over to where I was.

“What happened to him?” The doctor asked before yelling that she needed a gurney and quickly.

                Another nurse brought it over almost instantly and the doctor told me to put Nate down on the gurney. Nate’s skin looked clammy now and I was starting to panic.