|Night Shift|

"Take care of that table for me," Denis told Ida.
Denis is a man in his late 40's, a big, scary looking guy, but a softy once you get to know him. He owns a local diner that has been passed down in his family for generations. Business has been so good lately, with so much people coming in that he decided to have the diner open and running day and night. Ida was working for him part time for a few months now, to help out her mother. Juggling high school and a part time job is hard enough. But it's even harder when you're working the night shift.

At least it's Friday. I can't wait to get back home in a few hours and sleep til Monday.. why are people even going to diners' at 3 am?

"Hey guys, what can i get for you?" She said, barely awake.

"I'll have a burger and coke," one guy said. She wrote it down on her notepad and turned to his friend, and before she could finish her question, she got interrupted.

"I'll have the same, but with fries and your number, please." The boy straightened his posture and smirked, awaiting Ida's reaction.

"Chris,"

"Come on. You already have a pen and paper in your hands." he pleaded, while his friend, probably a part of the Penetrators, just rolled his eyes.

"I'll get you your orders." She turned around, completely embarrassed. She never thought Christoffer Schistad would come to this exact diner, and during her shift.

"It's three am, for God's sake.." she murmured to herself while walking away, "why do these things happen to me..?"

"What was that?" Denis asked from the kitchen.

"I said two burgers, two cokes and my number— I-i mean fries!!"

I'm too tired..

She dreaded coming back to those guys, but once the food was ready, somebody had to serve it. Being the only waitress in her shift, there was no escape.

"You forgot something?" Chris teased her.
"I think you forgot that you have a girlfriend, Christoffer." Ida said through her teeth. She wasn't in the mood for any of his jokes. She works until five, and still has two more hours to go. Basically running on caffeine only, she was mean, tired and stressed out.

"I dumped her, for you," the guys start laughing . Ida's eyebrows raised and she could barely believe her ears.

"What?? I don't care?" She crossed her arms.

"Nah i didn't actually. I'm just fucking with you" he laughed even harder.

"Why do i even bother responding to him..." She said, more to herself than to them.

"Do you always talk to yourself, Ada" Chris' friend asked.

"Ada?" Chris chuckled.

"Whatever," the guy said.

"Enjoy your food."

"What time does your shift end?" Chris took a hold of her wrist.

"Chris, just stop. You're bothering me," she tried wiggling her wrist from his tight grip.

"C'mon. Are you angry because of Eva? Tell me, what shit did she say about me?"
He tugged at her wrist.

"You're gonna give me another bruise, you idiot," she finally got loose.

"You're being such a whiny bitch!"

Quiet.

"Ida... c'mon don't go," he said, but yet again found himself staring at her back as she walked away from him.

Ida's face was red and hot.

What an idiot, childish prick, asshole, stupid.. ah! What does he want from me? To ruin my life even more, if it's possible? I hate him. I made the mistake of talking to him, when i should've just continued avoiding him. And now he thinks he can do whatever he wants with me. I'm not gonna cry, no. No no no... Ida, no crying today. She looked at herself in the bathroom mirror. She fought, yet couldn't contain the tears rolling down her face. Don't be a crybaby today.

She patted around her eyes with a paper towel and when she got herself together she got out of the bathroom.
"Is everything alright?" Denis asked her.
"Yeah, yeah, of course." she sniffled. He didn't want to bother her with any more questions. Denis had a hunch that those guys she served upset her, but didn't want to get involved until he was sure of it. He told Ida to take over in the kitchen, and he went on to charge Chris and his friend.
The boy so obviously scanned the place with his eyes, hoping to get another chance to see her that early morning. But he figured he scared the girl off, and he was completely right for once. Chris just couldn't grasp the fact that she didn't like him. Or that she was a bit more sensitive than the rest. He loved playing with her emotions, testing to see if she'll get angry, or sad or even scared. Though all of these things amused him, he couldn't help but feel bitter and regretful when he got what he wanted - a reaction.

"Why do you mess with her so much?" Paul, his friend, asked once they exited the diner.
"It's fun?" Chris said, but not very convincingly. He seemed low spirited ever since the dispute with Ida occurred. "Somethings wrong, Paul.. My mom was acting so weird the other day when i asked her about Ida . You can't make this shit up, man. Her eyes widen at the mention of her name. And she always tries to make something up, saying how she doesn't know every fucking student. But then i catch her in her own class, talking to the same girl."

"It's possible you're just being paranoid. Why would she freak out about some random chick"
"I know my mother. I know when she's lying to me, i've seen it too many times."
"Ouch.."
"Whatever," Chris ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm gonna figure out what's going on. I just need a way to do it."
"Maybe the girl will spill if somethings up. Just put some pressure on her, dude."
"That doesn't seem right." Chris said.

"Since when are you the guy who cared about what's right or wrong? Remind me again, how many girls are you playing currently? Two? Three..?" Paul asked, and noticed Chris' growing, mischievous smile. "Four?! Really Schistad??"

"That's not the point. They all know how i am. If they think i'm gonna settle with one person in high school, they deserve to get hurt. Thinking that way is just stupid.."