Prologue

Alpha Valerio

I'm standing, watching them lower my mother's frail dead body into her grave. She was my savior, my light when I was in the darkness and the only person who could love me. My father did not come. His mate, his one love and the mother to his son was dead and he could not show his face to his pack. Maybe it's because he blames himself for her death as he couldn't protect her from his life and past. My father had stepped down from his position meaning I had to step up to mine and become Alpha of the Sunblaze pack.

The memorial of our Luna carried on throughout the day, many people felt lost as she was a major part of this pack that carried them through the rough days of losing a loved one. I could feel the pain of the pack members and the mourning they were feeling for my mother and their Luna. She carried this pack with all the strength she had, and someone had taken her away from us.

I vowed to myself and this pack that no mourning would ever come again. That I would avenge my mother and find whoever caused this pain and suffering within my pack. I will crush their pack with the pinch of my finger and not think twice about it. This meant nothing would come in my way of destroying the person who did this.