Chapter 11

There was a grand feast (as if the King of Despair didn't do it often) in the dining hall. Since Ink, Syren, Blueberry and Fell were "guests", they had to stay for the feast. [By stay, I mean Nightmare ordered them to stay for unknown reasons. I just ran out of ideas.] With a clap of his hands servants carrying trays of food flooded the hall. Everyone was given a plate of roast beef with some mashed potatoes covered in mushroom gravy (yum). Syren looked at the servant who served her the dish and smiled at them. The servant gave a tiny flicker of a smile before returning to their poker face.

Everyone was eating peacefully when an ax flew at Syren's face. It went really fast. Before you could blink, Syren caught it mid flight at the handle. Everyone was staring at the ax. "W-Who's ax is this?" Syren examined it. "Says Horror on the handle." "That would be me." Horror took it back, disappointed that he couldn't make a head dog. "Is it always like this at dinner?" asks Ink. "Can't you tell? In fact, I'm surprised that she caught the ax so easily without even harming herself. Even my boys can't do that." "Who said so Goopmare?" said Killer. "Throw it at me, Horror!" "OKAY!" Horror flung his ax at Killer. Killer barely caught it at the blade and drew a little blood. "Who says I can't catch it?"

Nightmare just facepalmed himself. "Without harming yourself, idiot! Besides... " Nightmare's tentacles all grabbed many knives each. (Where they came from don't ask me.) "Let's see how the new girl does against multiple attacks without her powers, if she had any." Nightmare threw all of them to Syren at once. Almost as if possessed, Syren's gold pinpricks turned a dark shade of purple, she grabbed her sword and got out from her seat. Since the hall was huge, she had plenty of space to run around. She dodged the first two and used her sword to strike away another. For some reason, she was able to use her powers even though no one could in the castle besides Nightmare's gang. She summoned a wall of bones which blocked of a few knives. (Nightmare threw a lot.) She thought she blocked all, yet the smallest knife went through the gap between the bones. Syren saw and summoned purple magic which enveloped the knife and shot it back and Nightmare.

Nightmare was surprised and only managed to dodge it at the last second. The knife lay implanted on the wall behind. Nightmare was actually shocked that she could use her powers and managed to dodge all that. In fact, he was secretly impressed. "That just shows that you can stay here for the night if needed. After all-" I don't wanna get decapitated by a sword. "You've shown that you are powerful enough to stay here. Cross, escort the girl to her room. Killer, Dust, escort the others." "Wait!" Ink interrupted Nightmare. "You haven't seen Error have you?" "No, he said that he had business to attend to in an AU. I don't know what AU but he isn't here now." "Thanks anyway, Nightmare."

*Le time skip to when Cross was bringing Syren to her room*

"Dude, you scared me there. I thought you were just gonna be another mess that I have to clean up." Syren gave Cross a closed-eye smile. "You don't have to worry about me, Cross. I'm fine." "Yea, but your eye color changed. Like I know regular Sanses pinprick change to blue and their right pinprick goes off. Yours changed from gold to purple, which I guess is your thing, but it still hasn't changed back." Syren got scared again, her pinprick color went back to gold, flowers popped out when she already got it under slight control. "W-What?!" "Well, it might just be your thing. I mean like I'm stuck with the idiot Chara and no one sees her besides me... and you I guess. Wha-" Cross just realized the flowers on the ground. "Are those yours?"

Syren looked on the ground and saw the trail of flowers. She sighed. "I can't control it well. Sure if I don't feel anything, it would go away. But if I have any strong negative emotions, like being scared or shy or depressed, it will grow." There was an awkward silence between them for some time as they walked on.

Cross tried to break the silence. "You said that you guys were here to ask for help. What for?" Syren stopped in her tracks. Cross turned around. "Syren?" She was facing the ground and crying. "I-I c-can't t-tell you..." Cross was concerned for her, after all she was the one who dodged all those knives with ease and here she was, crying. "Wipe your tears, idiot." Syren looked up at Cross, he was smiling at her. Syren did as she was told and followed Cross to her room.

The room looked even better than the one she was previously in. The four-poster canopy bed was gold in color. The blanket was made of satin, it was light, it was warm. The walk-in bathroom was grand. There was a big bathtub, a multi-jet shower and even a Jacuzzi hot tub. The only thing that could beat that was probably the walk-in closet. There were many beautiful dresses. (Where Nightmare got them, IDK. Probably magic :P) There were Ball gowns, A-lines, Mermaids, Empires, Sheathes, Tea-length and many other types of dresses. There were also regular comfortable clothes and even battle outfits. Syren lied down on the bed and slept.