Ch. 1

A D O R A 

----------------

"For the last time you have to be careful with that!!" I took away the cardboard box that Glimmer was loosely swinging around "this box has my camera lenses" I huffed.  

Glimmer was supposed to be helping but recently she's been more of a danger hazard to all of my belongings.  

"Oh, c'mon you're the one who asked Bow and I to help you move in" she playfully rolled her eyes before getting another box from Bow's beaten-down car. Her dyed pink hair rustling a little in the end of summer breeze.  

Move-in day at Brightmoon University, it's still two weeks before classes start but I want to get all my things to my dorm as fast as possible. Then I would have more time to concentrate on taking pictures for the school magazine The Moonstone.  Considering I'm only a freshman it's kind of a huge deal that they accepted me to be the "student life and sports" photographer for the season.  

"Okay that's the last of it" Bow said interrupting my thoughts, he took out one last bag from the car before slamming the door shut "wheres your dorm?" 

"Just follow me " I said motioning towards the buildings in front of us. Brightmoon was one of the most prestigious colleges around here, the campus was absolutely beautiful. The buildings were very well maintained considering how old the place was. The flowers grew in the chaotic colors of pinks and oranges matching the school banners that hung from the trees in the student union. Truly it was a gorgeous campus and the bright cloudless  August sky just managed to enhance it even more. I am finally out on my own, no longer stuck with my aunt or scummy highschool town. This is a new beginning for me.  "In here" I walked towards the building with a silver number four on the center of its archway. Campus is so large that they specifically designed Etheria St. to house all the dorm complexes, yet with so many, I still got stuck with a roommate, apparently an upperclassman. 

Glimmer and Bow followed me into the building lobby and towards the elevators. "what floor are you on?" He asked as we piled into the elevator with boxes and bags.

"not up too high, just floor three" I said as I pushed the elevator button. I was so thankful for Bow and Glimmer I was so nervous to come here alone and having these two by my side really makes everything easier, although we just met a few months ago at orientation I can already tell that the three of us are gonna stick by each other this year. 

"hey, I'm on the floor right above yours" Bow's face lit up with that bright smile of his. 

"oh my god really?" I beamed at him. 

Although I've only known him for a few weeks he never ceases to amaze me with how positive and warm he always is, his energy just radiates something so welcoming, I truly am glad to be able to call him my friend. Especially being in a new town having Bow around makes me forget all about how much of a newbie I really am. The elevator doors opened and we grabbed our things and made it down the hallway, some doors were closed and others wide open with students going in and out. 

"alright it should be this one" I set my box of lenses on the floor for a moment while I fumbled around looking in my pockets for the key, it took me a few seconds but I managed to pull the key out and unlock the dorm room. We all walked in and set my boxes on the floor. 

The room was surprisingly spacious, there were two twin-sized beds on opposing walls and a little desk and reading area on each side of the room. Two large windows brought in tons of sunlight giving the already white walls an even brighter feeling. To the left was my side completely empty, the white walls and desk blank no trace of any human inhabitance.