Chapter 4: Weakness

It had only been a few hours and Naib had already unleashed his true feelings. It was awkward and weird for someone that was practically a stranger say, "Stay." But it happens. Things go fast and time flies. They could just pretend it never happened.

"Ah, sorry.. you just looked like you really didn't want to go home." Naib uttered, "You can stay if you'd like."

".. Thank you, Subedar."

Norton was grateful. In fact, he was shocked to see someone notice how he felt. People would never realize what he wanted and what he needed. They never noticed because they were only into him for his popularity and money. All the girls wanted to be around him to have a sex opportunity with the pretty boy. To you know, brag to their friends.

It was getting late and Naib prepared a sleeping bag for Norton.

"You can sleep here. Tell me if it's uncomfortable." Naib whispered sheepishly.

"Thanks."

Before Norton knew it, he had already gotten comfortable with Naib. He never got close to anyone after Emma died. Emma was Norton's dear friend; his most trusted and beloved. She had killed herself on the rainy, cloudy night of November 27th, 2016. It had been awhile, but Norton still dearly missed her. He missed her smile, her jokes, and everything. He knew he had to move on but he couldn't help thinking about her every once in awhile. He felt as if he couldn't trust anyone. His father shattered his image of trust and Emma committed suicide without telling anyone a single peep. But Naib was different, he could feel something else.

After thinking about those things for awhile, he dozed off. Naib was a night owl. Basically the reason why he sleeps in all his classes. He scrolled through Identigram and liked a few posts.

As he was scrolling, he got a message from Aesop, one of his close friends.

The small boy decided to call it a night and sleep. It was one of the first times this month where he actually slept more than 7 hours. Which is absolutely amazing.

As Norton slept, he had late night terrors. Nightmares of everything swirled around his head rapidly and never ceased. Did Naib really even care for him? Was it like everyone else? Was he like everyone else?

Naib woke up from the sudden cry. He wondered where it came from and looked around, half unconscious. His eyes locked into Norton's and they stared at each-other for awhile. Eventually, Naib grew aware of what was happening. He quickly jumped off his bed and onto the sleeping bag.

The petite boy panicked and went to hug Norton. He did it unconsciously. When he realized what he was doing, he backed off.

"Hey.. what's wrong..?" Naib looked at him with genuine concern.

"Nothing... it's just a nightmare," Norton mumbled. Before he could stop himself, he started crying. He cried more than he needed too. But he needed to let it go, he needed to cry a waterfall.

"Norton!" Naib cried, "You're really not okay! Please tell me what's wrong..."

"No, I can't. Why do you want to know? Do you want to use it against me?"

"What?"

"You probably want to know my weakness to get advantage of me, right?"

By then, the whole atmosphere changed. It became gloomy and unbearable for the two.

"Weakness?"

"You know all about me right? I'm the gullible rich kid that can't get a good girlfriend or grades and I can't do anything right and I-," Norton's voice dropped. He sobbed a bit and wiped his nose.

"I would never think that way! You're amazing in your own way. Plus, I don't need your money, I rather have you as a friend!" Naib said trying to make him feel better. "Or a boyfriend," he mumbled.

"..."

Naib unexpectedly gave the hurt boy a hug. He needed it. He deserved it. Naib didn't know what he was going through but he wanted to help him no matter what. He was a complete stranger. He was his crush.

Naib decided to sleep next to Norton that night. Sure, he couldn't sleep well because Norton was next to him but he could feel that Norton felt safe and secure with him around. Naib's fragile body could do nada but he still felt like he was keeping the hurt brunette safe.

art credit: hanare_tt5 (twt)

a/n: gabby and her crew motivated me to write again. you guys are so cool 🥺🙌