Christmas Wish

Hi all, this is actually my first story ever in Wattpad. Tell me what you think.

I'm sorry for the grammar mistake if you found one (or many). I'm not really good in English (it's not my first language).

If you find the story's good, do recommend it to others. But if you think that it still need work, do let me know. Thanks.

P/S: Please don't copy my story, or use it in any other story. I work hard to finish this. I'm sure you know what I mean.

                       'It's Christmas! 'Tis the season to be jolly, fa lala lala la la lala!' Agnese sang, she's not hitting the right notes but that didn't stop her. She twirled with the garland and pirouette around the living room. 

                       Vanya chuckled at the sight of her, she was carrying the tree and placing it in the corner of the living room near the fireplace. She dusted the needles of her sweater before lifting the boxes of ornament near the doorway. It's easy for her to carry this job considering she's an Amazonian, an ancient race of all female warriors.

                    Though it is thought to be extinct to the world, they have survived through the millennia hiding in an isolated island that only few knew. The local of a nearby island called it Thémidos, Island of Themis. She's Agnese bodyguard and she was supposed to be all business to protect her, but the girl can really spout rainbows with her personality. 

                   She have grown accustomed to her quirkiness and her happy-go-lucky, cheerful mode. It made her wanted to protect Agnese even more. The world need people like her to make it less harsh.

'I love Christmas! Eggnogs, hot chocolate, the trees, carols, mistletoe and candy cane! I love it all!' Agnese twirled around the living room of her apartment with Christmas ornaments in her hands.

'I don't know what's so special about Christmas, it's just a holiday.' Vanya stood up and crossed her arms. Agnese gasped.

'Oh Vanya, Christmas is the time of love and giving. It's a time where everyone shares the love and hope, wishes granted and the spirit of joy and happiness are spread.' Vanya just stared at Agnese. She knew about the holiday, heard about it even when she was in the island. But, she never understood why everyone waited for this season to start being generous and giving presents to everyone. 

'Let's get started!' Agnese and Vanya started to decorate the tree when  Vanya heard someone coming in. Her body tensed but only for a moment, she knew the scent and footsteps approaching the door.

'Aggie! Vanya! We brought food and coffee!' Zoe and Meagan, Agnese sisters, walked in holding two bags of bagel and four cups of coffee. The smell of food hits Vanya and a small growl escaped from her stomach.

'Ooh! I hope you got me a Caramel Brulée Latte!' Agnese beamed at the smell of her favourite latte of the season. Zoe rolled her eyes.

'Yes we did. We all know how much you like Starbuck's Christmas latte.' Meagan handed her the latte and gave Vanya her coffee as well. Vanya warmed her hands with the coffee and sipped slowly. enjoying how the coffee settled warmly in her stomach and warming her being entirely.

'I see you're getting ornaments out. Who got the tree?' Zoe asked sipping her coffee and nibbled on her bagel. Agnese pointed at Vanya and continued to savour her latte. Meagan gave her an appreciated look.

They all took a seat in Agnese kitchen and Meagan prepared their food.

'So, the company will hold their annual Christmas party this coming Saturday. We need to go shopping for dresses.' Meagan said. Vanya took a seat near Agnese and ate one of the bagel with cheese spread.