Part title

Death

I lay on the bed under the rays of sunlight streaming into the room. Blood soaked sheets, heart numbed and my soul reeling from the night. And I remember the screaming and crying. But it wasn't me, it was someone else. Someone who's lost to time now. I felt empty as though I had been wiped and reset.

I recall walking up to the mirror and I stared into the reflection. My eyes , molten chocolate and my lashes Long and looking Into them , they looked drained , they looked frightened and somewhat mischievous as though they had lost its soul, its essence.

I examined my lips, my cheeks and all of me but nothing had changed , just the eyes. The ones that cried a rain storm the night before.
Once I finished examining , I watched them ; the eyes.
A minute. Ten minutes . Thirty minutes. One week. Before I knew it, twenty years.
Never once did emotion over come me again. Anger , humour , joy , violence, nothing was loud enough to break through the ice of silence. And subconsciously I enjoyed it.  Nothing could override me.

I watched the wolves as they hunted with one another, played with one another , watching the woods as though they whispered magic.

But the real beauty was Watching them push their legs into the earth and off into the sky as they ran; running, running , running , panting and never giving, so fierce , so perfect that in that moment I looked into their eyes and was lost because I understood what I had become. Looking into the Grey eyes , I saw as he recognised me, the animal inside me that is. He knew what he was looking at.
A Sister , weak , slow , to small to fend off others like him; big , strong and fast like the wind carried him alas arrogance held him high. The high and mighty pack leader, he was.

Yet grey eyes always had affection for his Sister, a bond but the arrogance killed the little bond he felt. He stood still as he watched the Others, snap at her, growling until she submitted . Strangely it was He who killed her at the end. The arrogance. And he watched me , knowing , I had been abandoned but not by a Brother , Nor by a Mother or Father but by me; the blood soaked sheet. 

Abandoning caution to the wind , grey eyes , stalked towards me , ignoring the calls from his pack and stoped just before me.
I sat in the bank of snow, freezing , as his nuzzle pressed against my skin.
Skin to fur, I felt dirt, dried blood and warmth in his touch.

Reaching out, my hands slithered in to his white fur and I felt his powerful body and the grace he had with the woods , so majestic , so pure . It was sight to behold and a precious gift to have held. Knowing what was coming, I waited as
he pushed his teeth into my throat, ripping them out and In that last second; understanding what could have been , I thanked him for mercy , for the love and I forgave him, accepting him as I was home again; feeling ; loving , happy and whole. Death had come after all and that too with a kiss.