Chapter 1 Lost and Found

A/N(Author's Note): Hey guys I'm back with the revision for Lost. Now called Warriors: The Future of the Clans Book 1 Lost. So enjoy and comment if you want something to happen. I'm open to new ideas. By the way if you are new to the warrior fandom this a fanfiction of the series Warriors.

A ginger queen had kitted a sunrise ago and her small kits were suckling greedily. She looked at them lovingly, unfortunately not knowing the fate one of them had.

At sunhigh the ginger tabby decided to get up and see her housefolk. So the ginger queen slipped out of the basket where her kits were lying and trotted to her housefolk's kitchen. But to her dismay her housefolk were gone. While she was there she decided to eat some of her dry food and drink some of her stale water.

That's odd. She looked around. Where are my housefolk.

She slipped back into her nest , but one of her kits were gone! She let out a wail.

Where did my kit go. She thought. Oh my poor kit!

Then a furless paw of her housefolk took another of her kits, a dark brown tom. Then another furless paw grabbed another, but this time it wasn't her housefolk. Furless paws kept swarming her kits till there was only one left. The ginger queen had enough and scratched the paw that tried to take her kit. The twoleg howled in pain and ran off.

The ginger she-cat licked her remaining kit furiously in order to give it warmth.

I'll protect you someway or another my precious ginger kit. She swept her tail over her remaining kit. I know what I'll do I will take you to the group's of wild cats living by the lake in hopes they will except her. She just isn't safe here.

At moonhigh she ventured out carrying her kit buy it's scruff. She had padded a long way now and was entering a clan's territory. She saw low sweeping branches and decided to put her there.

"I'm sorry, but you are just not safe I would love to keep you by my side, but I rather you be looked after other cats than be swept away to an unknown place," she meowed to the tiny ginger scrap and padded off drooping her tail and sagging her head.

The poor ginger scrap meowed pitifully as if someone could here it. She longed for warmth but got none. She could hear cats on a dawn border patrol couple fox-lengths away. A gray tom came up to the ginger kit and sniffed her curiously.

"Let's take the kit back to camp," the gray tom meowed to the others.

"Are you sure Yellowtail," a ginger tom responded back.

"You did check for other clan scent?" asked a brown tabby she-cat.

"Yes I'm no mousebrain!" snapped Yellowtail.

"Keep your pelt on she was just asking a question!" hissed the ginger tom.

"Sorry Shrewheart," Yellowtail responded. "Lionfur is right you were just asking a question, but I still believe we should bring the kit back to camp with us."

"I guess," mumbled Shrewheart, still not liking the idea.

Yellowtail picked the kit up by her scruff and carried her back to camp.

~*~*~*~*~*

Yellowtail, Shrewheart, and Lionfur got back to camp and went into Breezestar's den. They explained how they had found the kit and waited for a response.

Breezestar stared at them thoughtfully and finally said, after they had been waiting for what seemed like five moons. "Go get me Mintheart from the nursery and Hollycloud."