➳ 04

no proof, not much;
but you saw enough

Troye turns the vlogging camera onto Connor and smiles from behind it as he says, "Where're we going, Connor?"

"We are going to your event," he replies cheerfully, after a sip of water from the cup in his hand.

"My event?" Troye questions.

Connor spreads out his arms and grins. "It's your whole event!"

They arrive behind the main stage, the chattering and cheers already audible from the other side. Connor peaks over the stairs leading to the stage and his eyes widen at the sight of the sea of people waiting beyond.

He can feel Troye shaking and shifting beside him with nerves. He licks his lips for the upteenth time and wrings his hands together tightly. When his knuckles begin to turn white, Connor reaches over, carefully unthreads his hands, and takes one of them in his own, twining their fingers together and squeezing gently.

"You're going to do great," he whispers. "Don't worry, and just have fun, okay?"

"There's so many people out there." Troye's whole body feels numb - and it isn't that he isn't excited to share his music with all his viewers, because he is, but the crowd out there looks nothing like his camera in his bedroom. He's used to knowing there's thousands of people watching him through their screens, but not actually seeing those people in person.

"They all love you," Connor replies softly. "And so do I."

Troye gives a small smile, his cheeks reddening. "Thanks. I love you, too."

A stagehand with a headset a comes up to them and says, "Troye Sivan to the stage in thirty seconds."

Troye sends Connor one final look before he lets go of his hand and starts towards the stairs. He takes a deep breath before stepping out into the stage, blinded by the bright lights and deafened by the screams.

;

As soon as Troye is offstage, Connor pulls him into a tight hug.

"I'm so proud of you," he whispers. "You never cease to amaze me."

"You are so sappy." Troye giggles as he hugs back, feeling safe and warm in the embrace of the other boy. "Thank you."

"So, since Touch is for me, and all," Connor muses, "does that mean that I can request you sing it to me whenever I want?"

"In your dreams." Troye bumps his shoulder against the other boy's. "But if you're nice, I may play you a nice piano rendition someday. A Troye Sivan Exclusive."

"Troye Sivan is exclusive to me." Connor presses a chaste kiss the corner of his mouth, causing him to blush.

"Connor, there're people around," Troye whispers, squirming in his grip.

"Can we go to your room?" Connor blinks innocently at him through long lashes.

"Later, I promise," Troye says. "I have to be at this meeting in, like, an hour. Come by tonight at around nine?"

Connor smiles cutely, revealing his dimples. "I will."

;

Troye presses quickly on the button beside the door and listens while the bell chimes. Moments later, he hears barking and quick footsteps from inside, and the door swings open to reveal Ricky, Kian, and Jc all clambering to greet him first.

"Troye!" Kian shouts loudly, which makes him jerk back in surprise.

Jc shoves Kian aside as he says, "We've been waiting for you. It's great to see you again!"