Prologue

"Thank you", I muttered as soon as our eyes met. My hands kept on caressing Arcus's hair while gently running my fingers on his back.

"For?", he asked and before he could even say another word, I looked away.

I never saw this coming. I never even thought I would ever see him again. It's been five years, and our worlds are two parallels now.

A petite woman entered the room. She almost stopped walking but I looked at her, giving signal that she can come in.

"Ang gwapo naman n'yan", Sena exclaimed, complimenting Arcus who'se still in his tux.

I smiled back at her. I didn't really know how to talk to her yet.

"Oh, handa na yung pagkain ha, labas na rin kayo maya maya ni Arcus", Sena said and then immediately left the room.

She aged a little but she didn't resemble that of a 50-year old.

"I never wanted to see you again,  you know", he said. I expected him to hate me, but those words still broke me.

"But thank you pa rin. I know it's just a month Em, but I'm still glad you allowed me to do this.",  he said while he gently wrapped his warm around me.

Yes, Em it's just a month. But everyday felt like a century  whenever we are together, it's as if there's a separate time count.

Arcus gently squeezed my hand.

"Mama".