she won't let go when you hug her

When Emma turned the key and entered the house she felt the weight of the day lift from her heavy shoulders.

But it only got better when she heard you running to her and felt you throw your arms right around her. A cute little laugh fell from her lips and she was quick to put arms around you too. "I missed you today!" You said cheerfully and it made a wide smile appear on her face.

Just a little bit ago she felt like nothing could change her bad mood. But she should've known that wasn't true because you always can. No matter how bad her days can be she gets to come home to you and that alone can make a smile cross her face, not to mention you always being so loving and so affectionate with her, taking away her stress and worries with your hugs and the love you give her.

"Me too, baby." She said as she set her chin on your head. You laughed when her grip grew stronger, the joyful sound sending a flutter through her heart. "Emma?"

"Yes?" She hummed, eyes closed as she breathed in the smell of your shampoo. "Are you gonna let me go?"

She shook her head and just stood there in silence, holding you close as the worries she had previously just faded away from her memory. "No. I had a long day and I just wanna hug you. I wanna hold you and never let you go."

You chuckled softly and laid your head down on her shoulder. "Then don't."

"Hm?"

"Don't let go. I'm here for you and I'm happy to let you hug me for as long as you want."

You didn't see the smile she cracked as she carried you to the couch, falling down on top of you with her arms still around you and with yours around her. She kissed your jaw and your neck, loving the warmth of your skin so close to hers.

"I love you," she said with a smile, and this time you saw it and it made your heart skip a beat. "I love you too, beautiful."