Remembering (part 1)

Maddies POV:
The whole day was so awkward, me and Maihua barely talked and just avoided each other. When it was bed time I slept in the quest bedroom and then all the memories came flooding back as I fell asleep...

~I was walking to my boyfriend James house. We had been dating for 2 weeks and I felt as if I was over Maihua who, might I add, is doing great. After the whole me talking her about Lizzy thing we've been great. As I walked into James driveway I saw another car and thought his parents were home. I texted him but he didn't answer so I went around the back. His room had slide door so I went to peek in them and regretted when I did. I saw him and Lizzy in his bed together. I heard some faint moans and giggles. I started to tear up as I ran to my car. As soon as I started driving I called Maihua.

"Hello"

"Mai..." I said crying hysterically.

"Mads what's wrong?" She said so caring.

"I just saw James cheating on me with Lizzy." I cried.

"Oh my god really?" She asked.

"Yes! Can you come over?" I asked.

"Yes of course I'm with Pyper is it ok if she comes?"

"Yea that's fine I'll see you soon." I hung up.

As I pulled into my driveway I just sat in my car and cried. I was so upset because I actually liked him. I then wiped my eyes and went into my house.

I changed into a comfy out fit and deleted all the photos of James and I

I changed into a comfy out fit and deleted all the photos of James and I. I then heard Maihua's voice yelling for me and I ran downstairs. As soon as I seen her I jumped into a hug and just cried. When I finally let go I saw Pyper holding a bag.

"What's that?" I asked while wiping my eyes.

"Well when I go through a break up I usually wanna get drunk sooooo..." she then held up a bottle of tequila. "I bought three bottles." She laughed.

I laughed "What the hell, but hey..." I grabbed the bottle out of her hand. "This is all for me!" I said taking a swig outta the bottle.

As time went by I got more drunk by the minute. I know this wasn't good for me but I didn't care. I just got heartbroken and need to find some way to cope. As me, Pyper, and Maihua finish the last bottle of tequila I groan.

"Damn it! We're out of alcohol!!!!" I whine.

"I could get more!" Pyper says exited.

"Nooooo your drunk and so are we." Maihua
says.

Even drunk she is still so attractive.

"Fine I'll have Dae pick me up I'm tired anyways." Pyper says while getting her phone.
As she's on the phone Maihua looks at me.

"What?" I say confused.

"Nothing it's just weird to see you all drunk and happy." She says smiling.

"Baby I'm not happy. Let's start there. And second... um I don't know." I say giggling.

"Guys Dae is here I'm leavinnnggg." Pyper yells.

"Bye Pyper we love you!!" Maihua and I say in union.

"So when are you leaving?" I ask nervous for her answer.

"I'm not." She stares at me blankly.

"Why not?"

"Well your parents aren't home and your drunk and sad, and I don't wanna leave you alone." She smiles.

"Oh" is all I say.

"I'll find my way to the guest bedroom." Mai says quietly.

"Wait...!" I say as she walks away. "Can you sleep in bed with me?" I ask in a childish way.

"Why?" She asked confused.

"I don't know, I guess I don't wanna be alone." I say looking at my intertwined fingers.

"Ok."

"Ok" I repeat.

"But I'm going now so goodnight." She say walking up the stairs.

"Well wait for me!" I say running after her.

Maihua's POV:

5 minutes after we layed down Maddie was out cold. I just gazed at her. She's so beautiful even in her sleepy drunken state. I never meant to catch feelings for her like this. Well I always knew that I would like her eventually but, not like this. As I lay there and watch her chest move up and down smoothly all I wanna do is just hold her. This girl has changed my life and has been here for me no matter what. I can and will never replace, hurt, or use her. And I sure as hell won't let anyone else either. I drift off to sleep thinking about the brown eyed girl next to me.

My eyes open slowly and I see that Maddie is nowhere in the room. I slowly get up and go downstairs. As I do I see Maddie sitting on the couch with a bottle of wine and her phone in her hands.

"Mads?" I say slowly walking up to her.

"Yea...what's up?" She says wiping her eyes and
nose.

"Hey, are you ok?" I say as is sit across from her on her coffee table.

"I'm just... I'm sad and lost right now." She says tearing up.

"Why what's up?" I ask her.

She doesn't answer. "Hey..." I say grabbing her hands "...talk to me."

"I'm just...feeling things for people and about things that I never thought I would. And I'm afraid that if I let my guard down for them...I'm gonna get hurt...bad." Tears falling down her face.

"Hey listen to me..." I say cupping her cheeks in my hands "...whoever this person is, they are the luckiest person in the world to be liked by you." I say softly.

Her nose and cheeks are red and her eyes are puffy by the time I'm done talking. She then wraps her arms around me tightly. I hug her back and just sit here with my beautiful best friend in my arms. After what seems like an eternity of hugging we hear a cough from the other side of the room.

"Hey guys did we interrupt something?" Pyper asks.

"Um no we're fine uh come in." Maddie says.

"So I didn't know if you were feeling any better but I bought some more booze." Pyper says holding up a bag of different alcohol.

"Yup I definitely need it!" Says Dae from the other side of the room.

"Yea same!" I say. I look over at Maddie and she just sits there spacing out obviously thinking about something important.

"Mads? You good?" I ask.

"Hm...yea good. Uh let's drink." She says getting up off the couch. This is gonna be trouble. I can tell.