Chapter 21

WARNING:

Gaara's eyes shot open instantly, gasping for air as he sat up. His body was drenched in sweat, his fiery red hair clung to his forehead. Running a trembling hand through his damp hair he surveyed his surroundings. His eyes like that of a caged animal darted around rapidly. He was in some sort of bed room, without a single scrap of clothing.

Gaara's POV

Where the hell am I. I could have sworn I was in the box just a second ago.

Where the hell are my clothes?

well wherever I am it's fucking freezing.

My body shivering, I slowly crept down from the bed I was laying in. My vision was still hazy and my legs felt strangely weak. I glanced over at the neatly folded clothes that sat  on the nightstand: an all white suit.

Strange, but I'm not in the position to complain so so it'll have to work.

I grabbed the clothes and slid  them on quickly. They were a perfect fit.

Strange again. Now that I'm covered up I've got to figure out how to get out of this damn room.

There were no windows in this supposed "bedroom" only one door led in or out and besides the bed and nightstand the room was completely empty.

I tried opening it. It didn't budge.

Dammit it's locked, well that would have been too easy. Maybe I can breakdown that door.

I ran at the door with my shoulder lowered but as I closed my eyes to brace for the impact. It never came

The door swung open and I fell to the floor. My eyes fluttered open as I groaned. The hard floor wasn't a welcoming landing spot. Rubbing my shoulder gingerly I flinched as I glanced from the direction I had just came. The room and door had disappeared all together.

The fuck-?

It was deafeningly silent. I tried screaming but could hear nothing at all. Suddenly every sound came back, intensely loud. I screamed covering my ears with both hands as I tightly shut my eyes. The shock of sudden noise was all to painful.

Then just as it had started it stopped. I cautiously opened an eye peering around. A few yards in front of me stood a short woman dressed in white, her long brown hair nearly touching the floor. She seemed to be swaying in time to...music? Her back was to me but I could see an old phonograph sitting upon a table just in front of her.

I opened the other eye as my blurry vision began to come into focus. Dropping a hand off my ear as the other followed the sound of soft trumpet and piano flowed to my ears.

The woman swayed softly as she sang with the man on the recording. She drifted across the floor as she touched the walls. With each touch, color flowed from her fingertips painting the blank surroundings.

That voice, it sounds like mom. The woman sang gently as she cradled...a child? Yes, a child in her arms.

'Come to me my melancholy baby
Cuddle up and don't be blue
All your fears are foolish fancy, maybe
You know, dear, that I'm in love with you;

I stumbled as I tried to stand. I began walking towards her but she only seemed to get further away from me. My eyelids began to grow heavy as her soft voice carried me in a trance.