The Move

I hopped in the car with nothing but an old suit case and my duffel bag. I slid the key in the ignition and stepped on the gas. I had to leave before he knew i was gone. I had to hurry and catch the next flight for LA.

I got to the airport and sped to the register, I bought a one way ticket to LA. I got on to my flight seconds before the door closed and the plane took off. I got situated in my seat and decided to rest my eyes for a little bit. About 3 hours later the flight attendant woke me up saying we landed in LA. I raced to get off the plane to get my luggage. I called my aunt before i left asking her to pick me up around 10:30 from the LAX airport, she didn't ask questions.

I was relieved to see her in the parking lot. I wasn't 100% sure she would come. My aunt Nina was my moms sister, she was her best friend, but even she couldn't help the pain my mom felt. We drove back to her house in silence, she could tell that i have had a bad day.

We arrived at her big LA house with a pool and 2 bedrooms that she wasn't using. I walked in the house after her and set my stuff down.

a "wow" escaped my lips.

"You like?" she asked trying to start small talk.

"Its huge! Can i go pick my room?" i asked excitedly.

"Go head. Go take a hot shower too, you look like you need to relax. Would you like some tea?" she asked trying to be friendly.

"Yes please" i say as i start to walk upstairs.

I walk up stairs to a narrow hallway and pick the room at the end of the hallway, which is also the furthest from my aunt Nina's room. Each room has its own bathroom, I squealed. I quickly ran into the bathroom, started the hot shower and stripped down. Luckily the bathroom already had towels in it. I stood there for a while and then started clean my hair.

I got out and rapped myself in a towel and walked out into my new room. I unzipped my duffel bag and pulled out my long pajama pants and an old sweatshirt. I then pulled out all of my clothes from my duffel bag and opened the closet. No hangers. Just my luck. Just as i close my closet my aunt Nina walked in with hot tea.

"Hey darling. Heres your tea. I didn't know how you liked it so i put honey and sugar in it." she says as she hands me the hot cup of tea. It smells amazing.

"Thank you aunt Nina. It smells wonderful. A little to sweet for my taste though" i say as i sit crisscross applesauce on my new bed.

"Just like your mother." she says in whisper. "And please, just call me Nina. So how long are you planning on staying?" i asked

"forever i hope. I don't want to go back. Im scared when im with him." i whisper quietly but just loud enough for her to hear.

"I know darling. Stay as long as you need. Only a couple months until you are of legal age." She reminded me of my 18th birthday in at least 4 months

"Would it be alright if i spent it with you?"

"Of course! And hey i wish you would have given me a warning you were coming. I could have made a nice dinner and brought you hangers and put clean sheets done..." she babbled on

"Don't worry about it. I will live. But can i have hangers?"

"Of course. One minute." she scurried out.
I took advantage of the privacy and checked my phone which a plugged in before i got in the shower. 12 messages from dad. I quickly blocked him as Nina walked in with an unopened pack of hangers.

"Thanks"

"No problem. You going to bed?"

"Ya, I'm gonna hang up all these first"

"Okay, im working tomorrow. You can stay hime right?"

"Yup" i popped the p.