three.

1919

"Eden!"

Ada was running down the street. Barrelling straight for the smaller girl standing surprised at the noise in front of her.

"It's Arthur, Eden!" Ada slammed into Eden. Ada was panicked and panting, she'd clearly been running around looking for Eden.

"What?" Eden reached up, placing a hand on Ada's cheek, trying to get the younger girl to calm down. "What's happened with Arthur?"

Ada was shaking her head, still gasping for breath. "He's been jumped! He's covered in blood and cuts and I don't think his thumb is meant to be pointing the direction it is!"

"Okay, okay, love." Eden grasped Ada's face in her hands more firmly. "Where is he?"

"He's back at home, Polly's with him and John!"

A wave of calm came over Eden. She breathed deeply, this is what she was good at. Something she could do. She could help.

"Okay Ada, I want you to go home and get some cloths and water ready okay?" Ada nodded vigorously, happy the other girl was taking control of the situation.

"I'm going to get a bottle of rum from Harry to help clean the wounds, and I'll be back in two ticks yeah?" Eden pressed a quick kiss to Ada's cheek, before turning and starting towards the Garrison.

"I'll meet you at Watery Lane!" She shouted back to the Ada who was already disappearing down the street.

——

Grace was standing behind the bar, carefully watching the dynamic of the Garrison. Harry had set her up to clean and dry some glasses while she got used to the place.

A young girl not much younger than her burst through the doors, approaching the bar.

Now, Grace wasn't a very jealous person, but something about this girl was entrancing. She was petite, with the darkest black hair starting to fall out of its bun framing her face. The most startling feature was this girl had the sharpest light green eyes Grace had seen, and a shape to them that startled Grace even more.

"Could I have a bottle of rum please?" The girl's voice was soft and Grace barely registered what she saying. Still entranced by the girls features.

"Excuse me, Miss?" Eden was running out of patience. Arthur needed her help, and the barmaid in front of her didn't seem to be interested in serving her. Unfortunately Harry was off in the corner serving a man, so she didn't have another option.

Sighing, Eden was too impatient to wait any longer, storming over to the snug door, bursting through it.

"Mr Shelby!" Eden propped herself up in the door frame, ignoring Tommy's eyes hardening at the formality used.

"Arthur's hurt. I need rum." Tommy, drummed his fingers on the table. "Go ask the barmaid Eden."

He was trying to not get distracted by Eden, not when he was trying to solve much larger problems. Problems involving an Irish detective and some stolen guns. Little did he know, Eden and his problems were very intertwined.

"She just looked at me blankly." Eden sighed, glancing down at her shoes. It was Tommy's turn to sigh. Nothing could ever draw him away from helping Eden. Slapping his hands down on the table, he pushed himself up, towering over the girl.

Eden gave him a small smile, as he placed a hand on the small of her back, gently pushing her from the door of the snug.

The two approached the bar. Grace was even more stunned now, looking at the couple in front of her. Blue and green stared back.