PROLOGUE

Venice's POV

“Want to dance miss?”

I looked at the guy who asked, I can smell cigarette smoke, I hate it.

“No thank you.” I drank the last shot on the counter “by the way, you stink like an old man.”

why am I being like this anyway? I got promoted to be the chief in our station, i should be enjoying not lurking, but something really feels so off, got my things and left the bar right away.

I hailed a cab and as I enter the vehicle I got a call from my sister, I told the driver my address before answering the call.

“Hello, Veronica? Napatawag ka?” I asked spite of feeling groggy.

“H—help m-me...” my whole body shivered, I quickly became sober just because of those words, I didn't know what to do, what does she mean?

“Wh–where are you? Anong nangyari sayo? What do—” before I could finish my questions the call suddenly went down.

We arrived at the house I paid the driver and as soon as I stepped inside the house I quickly got my things and drove my way to where Veronica lives.

“Please be okay.” god knows how many times I've mustered those words like it would do something in this situation, like it was a magic word.

I got out of my car and briskly ran towards her house, pagka-bukas ko ng pinto agad na bumungad sakin ang magulong bahay niya.

Agad akong nagtaka, she isn't like this, she's prim and proper, she's more responsible than I am, how do I know? Because before our parents separated we had much time to bond with each other, we made a promise that we will still talk to each other.

I've got no time to waste, I drove again to the nearest police station to report her missing.

“Miss, kumalma ka muna 24 hours pa bago natin masabing nawawala nga ang isang tao.” I glanced at the officer.

"Alam ko yon dahil pulis ako tulad mo, but I got a call from her, and she clearly is in trouble! Ganito ba kayo pag may nag rereport!" I said with my-not-so-calm state.

“miss chill—”

“My sister is fucking missing! I got a call from her begging for help! And you dare to tell me to calm the fuck down?” I said while trying to contain my anger, the nerve of this guy!

“Oo nga, Oo nga, nasa patakaran kasi namin na hanggat wala pang 24 hours ay hindi pa missing ang isang tao, tsaka malay mo prank lang pala sayo yun.” he said while biting a doughnut.

I can't contain it anymore.

“For Pete's sake! My sister is fucking missing and that's just how you'll react? You think this is just a sick joke? I promise you one thing Mr. Officer, If something happens to my sister i'll rip that fucking head of yours. I will take over this station and I will end your career right away!” with dispatch, got out of the station and drove all around of the town trying to find my sister. As I expected she was nowhere to be seen, I got tired and drove to her house, fixed the mess and told my dad what happened, and tried my best to sleep.

“Please, I am not religious but please take care of her, make her safe” 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Venice! Wake up! Y-your s-sister!” As I heard it from my dad I got up hastly as i could.

I quickly got inside the car and fixed myself inside, I did not even get the chance to brush my teeth. “Dad, you got some breath spray?” He pointed at the mini compartment, as I opened it I saw a gun.

“Dad what the fuck?” I asked him shockingly.

“What? I thought you two got into a fight so i gotta go back up.” He said with a smiling  face. “Go do the breath spray of yours, malapit na tayo.”

As I finished what I need to do I saw a lake nearby. I got off the car and ran quickly to the officers' direction, I saw a body covered with a black cloth.

Without further ado I took the cloth off and I felt my heart break into millions of tiny pieces as I saw the bracelet I made for her when we were teenagers, I looked at the body's hips and saw our matching tattoos.

Sol and Luna, I was the darkness in this world, but she gave me the light of her hope.

I fell on my knees and I couldn't process everything yet.

How could you leave me?

You told me that you'll always be there for me.

I promise my sister, I'll never stop until I find out who did this to you.

I promise, Veronica.

_______________________________________________

This story is unedited, expect typographical, and grammatical errors, this is a work of fiction, any similarities to real life persons, objects, events, were clearly just coincidence.