14 | CHAPTER FOURTEEN

LILLIAN WAS SAT NEXT TO Meg gushing about her ring. Suddenly a knock came from the door, and Meg stood up and answered it, "Laurie?" She gasped. Lily stood up and walked to the door. He smiled at Meg until he saw Lillian. "Can I talk to you?" He questioned. She sighed, and nodded.

The two stood in the backyard now, both nervous hit for different reasons. "I wanted to talk to you because I know i'm not your favorite person, but I had to get this off my chest." Laurie explained, and Lily nodded. "I love you." He blurted out. Lily's eyes widened in shock and she looked away.

"I know I just proposed to Jo, but her rejecting me, made me realize that I love you!" Laurie said, stepping forward but made Lillian step back. "No." She shook her head, "No?" Laurie questioned. "You can't do this. Not after all the years i've spent confused with my feelings about you! You can't do that!" She yelled. "Listen Lily-" He began.

"I'm getting married." Lily exclaimed, which made him stop. "Noah proposed. We're getting married in the spring." She said, lifting her hand to show her ring. His eyes widened. "Your getting married-" He said. "Yes." Lily responded, looking down twirling her finger on her hand. He looked at her confused until he ran away from her, not looking back.

Lily sighed watching his re-treating figure before she walked back inside, upset. She sat next to Meg and looked up at her, "I love Laurie." She announced, tears rolling down her face. Meg reached forward and hugged her, "I know." She responded, rubbing her little sisters back.

__________

TODAY WAS THE DAY. Lily and Noah's wedding. She lots to think about, but she ended up deciding to continue with the wedding and to forget about Laurie. She sighed holding the bouquet in her hand. Her father had his arm wrapped around her as she walked forward. Meg was her made of honor, and Beth, Jo, and Amy were her bridesmaids.

She stepped forward and put her hands in Noah's. The ceremony began, "Before we continue, does anybody have any objections?" The priest asked. "I do!" Laurie yelled. Gasps were heard, as Laurie stepped forward.

"Lily you know this wrong, you love me and I love you! You just know that this isn't what you want." He continued. Lily dropped Noah's hands. She looked back and forth between the two men before looking over at her sisters. They all nodded their heads towards Laurie, as if saying 'go to him.' She sighed dropping the bouquet before running off the alter and to her garden.

__________

SHE SAT IN HER GARDEN her white dress now becoming brown. She heard footsteps and there stood Laurie. Lily stood up, walking up to him, grabbing him by the face and kissing him. "Theodore Laurence, I love you." She announced pulling away.

"Lillian March, I love you too." He smiled. Cheers were heard and they looked behind Laurie. There stood her sisters, Marmee, Mr.Laurence, Mr.Brooks, and the Olsen brothers.

Instead of standing there heart broken, Noah stood with a smile on his face. He nodded his head at Lily. He understood.

________

TODAY WAS A DAY full of dread. Beth March had passed away in her sleep after battling a deadly illness for weeks. Laurie and Lily were together, and had gotten married a few weeks ago, so Beth was able to attend the wedding, but that didn't make up for the fact that she was still gone.

The family stood in front of her grave; most of them crying. The now four sisters stood hugging each other; while Marmee leaned down and planted a rose next to her grave, Beth's favorite. She faced her girls and the family had a group hug. "Oh my little woman!" Marmee exclaimed, sobbing to herself.

The family hadn't just lost a member. They lost the heart and soul of it.

_________

YEARS HAD PASSED SINCE that day, and everybody was settled. Amy and Fred married, having just one girl, Any becoming the art teacher at Jo's new school. Jo married some french man and they had no kids, opening up a school for kids.

Meg and Mr.Brooks married, having two kids themselves, Meg being the caretaker at the school, and Laurie and Lillian married. Having two kids. One girl and one boy. Lily taught the kids all about plants and started a huge garden full of roses in honor of the late Beth March.

________
authors note!
and that's it. it's a lot shorter
but lily had her own storyline
and i liked it better then before. :))