Chapter One

Kariyzma POV:

"I guess that makes the last box." I breathed out heavily as I set the last, and the heaviest, box down on the carpeted floor of my new bedroom.

My younger sister, Rosanne, wrapped an arm around my shoulder and looked at me, "Come on Kari, you gotta admit that we're pretty blessed to get such an amazing house for such a cheap price."

Shrugging I ran my fingers through my hair, moving my hair out of my face, "I never wanted to leave Arizona you know.'"

Shaking her head she placed a hand on her hip, "Well neither did I. Remember I had people I was close with there too."

She paused for a minute, "And don't even think about being mad at mom either. You can't blame her for wanting to leave."

Opening my closet, I placed my shirts onto the rail, "Yeah. I know." I stated firmly.

All I know is, I can never appreciate my dad's presence after what he did to our family. Just thinking about it wants me to punch a nice hole into my wall.

"I may be younger Kariyzma, but I sure as hell know about a lot of things. I'm telling you right now, this move could probably be the best thing that's ever happened to us," she placed a hand on my shoulder, "we're starting over together, as a family."

And with that she walked out of my room to go do her unpacking as well. I swear, Rosanne sounded like Mom at times.

Two hours pass and I finally managed to put away all articles of clothing and to get my bed sheets onto my mattress as well. With my sister's help of course I placed all my furniture where I liked it and finished unpacking the last box. I cleaned up all the unwanted materials and I placed my hands on my hips as I looked around the room.

The walls were an aquamarine blue, with a cream colored carpeting and white borders separating the floor to the walls as well as the walls to the ceiling. A much nicer looking room than how it looked at my old home.

My bedsheets were white with a white comforter, but with a black floral print of some sort on it. I tied up the garbage bag, mostly of box scraps and looked outside my window.

Where I live, all the houses are in some sort of equal placing. All houses were directly right next to each other. Right below my window, there's a tiny roof that is about 2-3 feet long, and right next to it is another 2-3 feet of roof material that almost seems to conjoin with each other. Another window is placed above it as well, basically almost a mirror image from my bedroom window. If I really wanted to, I could walk across it like it was nothing and enter the window directly across from mine.

Closing my curtain, I pick up the bag of dismantled boxes and head downstairs.

I look over at my mother who lay a silky white tablecloth over the dining room table and afterward, places a red vase filled with different varieties of flowers in the middle.

I smile at myself while observing how proud she is of her work. I walk over to the front door and hear her call out to me, "Sweetheart, where are you going?"

I look over at her and hold up the bag of boxes and she walks over to me with another bag in hand, "While you're at it, can you please throw this away for me as well? I still have the living room to set up."

The living room is clean, other than a few boxes of her things. By "set up" what she really means is to decorate it according to season. So as of now, it's the end of fall. Which means Thanksgiving themed items everywhere. Yes, she's that type of mom.

I nod and take the bag from her hand as she walks quickly toward the living room and walk out to the garbage can, throwing in the bags of boxes and scraps, closing the lid afterward.

As I'm walking in, a car pulls into the house next to mine. Walking out is a guy that looks about a year or two older than me and I can't help but stare. He's dressed in skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and a black leather jacket. His hair is long, but not too long with his curls slicked back a little bit and his eyes meet in contact with mine.

Realizing I've been staring at him for the past five minutes I give him a small smile and a wave. In return, he nods in my direction and walks back into his house with no facial expression at all.

Rude.

After re-entering my house I see Rosanne helping Mom with the living room and walk over to them, "Do you guys need any help with anything?"

Rosanne shakes her head, "No I think we're.."

"Done!" My mom smiles.

I look around the room and fake vines of orange, yellow and red leaves run along the curtain rail with golden curtains hanging below it. Across the fireplace are pictures of my sister and I ranging from first grade to our recent high school years. Another plant is placed in the corner of the room which compliments the room nicely.

After tying her hair up, she takes one of her boxes and looks over to myself and Rosanne, "Girls can you help me by grabbing the last two boxes here? They're just clothes and bed sheets which we can put away in an hours time."

We both nod and pick up the boxes and carry them up the stairs, into my mom's room.

She looks over at my sister after placing the box down, "Did you finish putting your things away?"

She nods, "Just the main items like clothes and such. I just need to put up the picture frames of Tyler and I and put on my bedsheets, then I'll be set."

Yeah. My little sister has a boyfriend and here I am. Her and Tyler have been together since her freshman year, so I really have nothing against it. I'm wondering how they're going to make this distance issue work.. From Arizona to California may not be that bad, but it's still distance. He's also a year above her, but he treats her right, and thats all that matters. I can't be a part of this "head over heels with a boy" type of game though. I need to concentrate on my schooling considering the fact, this is my senior year of high school and graduating is right around the corner.

She turns her direction toward me, "How about you Kariyzma?"

I nod as well, "I'm all set."

She nods in approval and smiles, "Well I guess that's it right? You girls can go. I'll be done with my things in a little bit."

She pauses for a moment, "Make yourselves at home girls. It's time to start over."

___________________________

AND THATS THE END OF CHAPTER ONE!
This is my first fanfiction I have written and actually published in a while and I hope you guys like this story as well!
I promise this story will be full of surprises and plot twists that you will never see coming!

The characters of this book will be pictured above each chapter!

Stay beautiful & don't forget to comment and vote!

-Krystel