𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑. | sunny san diego.

DANGEROUS !
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER THREE
SUNNY SAN DIEGO

        "The whole case is strange," the coroner started off

        "The whole case is strange," the coroner started off. "Everything about their bodies was strange. You already know all the basics - deep ligature marks on her wrists and ankles, heavy bruising and cuts. The ligature marks were most likely made by a tough rope, but most of the rope burn is gone by now, washed away and decomposed by the water. The bruising was all caused by the killer's fists - he wanted to personally torture them, as you can tell from the bruising along this region here." The coroner drew a line across Monica's chest with her gloved finger.

"This kill is personal to him. He wants to watch them suffer," Emily thought outloud.

          "These girls have to be surrogates for someone who is close to him. He may be punishing them for whatever wrong-doing he believes his targets have done," Lilac said.

          "Or, with this amount of rage, these girls could be intended targets, and he's just building up to the center of his rage."

          "Monica's cause of death was definitely exaguination from all the stab wounds," the coroner cut-in, "but our Jane Doe was alive when she hit the water. Drowned, but not for long. Her wounds were too severe, and she only lasted about a minute in the water. But here's the weird part- both girls had an unusual amount of insects and water bugs all over and inside them, way too many than is natural in this region. Some of them aren't even from North America."

          "I'm going to need a full list of all the ones you found," Emily ordered.

          "Of course. Also, the bites that cover their body were all done by an animal. For Monica, they're all post-mortem but our Jane Doe wasn't so lucky; she was only alive in the water for a minute but whatever was eating at these girls was already waiting for her. I'll keep testing to find out what kind of animal specifially, and I'm already pulling dental records to try and ID her. And one last thing: there are many stab wounds across their chest and torso, but there are a few on their stomach that are much more shallow, administered with much less force, and at a completely different angle than the deep wounds."

          "Can you please show me which angle?" Lilac asked, slightly taken-aback. Doing as she asked, the coroner held a pretend-knife at the angle she believed to be it and Lilac turned her head toward Emily. Lilac mimicked the angle the coroner showed her, which meant she was fake-stabbing herself.

          Emily's mouth opened slightly in shock, not fully believing what she was seeing: "He's making them stab themselves."