Afterglow

Namjoon was a genius, he always prided himself in being the smartest person in his school. Everyone would always ask him for help, or to tutor them, and he'd do it, sure. For a certain amount of money.

It wasn't just for the money, he loved seeing the reactions of people who had finally just understood the content they were learning, the smile on their faces as they thanked him. Especially when it was some cute underclassmen that didn't really care much for school.

There had been countless people that would try to get with him, become his significant other JUST so he'll help them more with schoolwork, but he told himself as soon as he entered 9th grade, as soon as he entered high school, that he wouldn't wait till he graduated to get a boyfriend or girlfriend.

It was hard for him to wait though, he had some weak moments where he found himself developing feelings for someone, but he had to set himself straight. It wasn't good for him, even when his crush was starting he could feel himself starting to slack behind on school work.

He had NEVER gotten under a B, and when he got a B it was because he got really sick and his teacher wouldn't let him make up the work since it was a test day. He remembers begging his mom to let him go, but he could barely walk. So he laid in bed, sulking on it.

Today, he was still the top student though, everyone in school knew him as well because he was super friendly. People understood when he'd say no to helping them, because surely he'd get overwhelmed.

When he was in his class taking notes, the teacher announced a duo project, and everyone instantly tried to pick Namjoon. Which caused him to chuckle.

They all sighed when the teacher said the partners are all assigned already. Namjoon shrugged it off, knowing that he'd probably be doing most of the work anyway. Whenever he'd do work with others, he'd always be the one to do most of the work, just because he wanted to ensure a top grade with it.

As the class started and the partners were chosen, everyone instantly started working on it. About 30 minutes into the class, the teacher cleared his throat as a student walked in with him through the door.

All the students instantly became aware of the boy, he radiated insane energy. His skin was fairly pale, but he was very handsome. The teacher smiled as he spoke, "This is the new student here, his name is Jungkook. Please if you see him show him around, he might get lost."

The new student, Jungkook, smiled at the teachers introduction. He glanced around the class, seemingly staring at everyone he made eye contact with for a few seconds long. His eyes landed on Namjoon, squinting as if trying to understand him.

Namjoon gulped, quickly looking away and getting back to the project at hand.

"Well, everyone in this class already has a partner for their project, but if you want to jump onto a project and become a trio, you're more than welcome to," the teacher smiled, "Just go ahead and pick some."

Jungkook's gaze travelled around the room until he landed on the two boys in the back of the room, Jimin and Taehyung, he stared at them for a long while before trudging toward him. He sat down next to them and looked toward the teacher, "I'll join them."

The teacher nodded, "Okay! This project is basically a challenge, so whoever has the best produced one, will get extra credit points, and we all know who is probably going to take it home," the teacher said swiftly, turning to Namjoon with a small wink.

Namjoon smirked at that, his dimples poking easily as he continued to work on the project at hand.

Meanwhile in the back of the class, Jungkook, the new student was speaking with the two quiet students at the back of the class. He frowned, "How long have you been here?"