Chapter 2

Peter and MJ were walking out of the school together.

"Is your Mum or Dad coming to the parent thing? "
MJ asked.

"Well my real Mum and Dad
are dead so my adoptive Mama is coming. Hopefully."

"You're adopted?"
MJ asked.

"Yeah, Mama found me on the streets and she adopted me."
Peter said.

"Cool. I'm still in the care system. My parents were killed far away."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I don't have anyone coming for it because the carers are busy with the littler ones."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I hope someone adopts you soon! My Mamas here so I need to go now. Bye MJ, see you tomorrow."
Peter ran to Wanda who gave him a hug and MJ spotted one of the carers.

"Hey Pete, how was school? Anything interesting?"

"Not really Mama. There's a parent day thing on tomorrow and we were asked to bring our parents in. Can you come in Mama?"

"I don't have any meetings or missions tomorrow so I'll come in baby."

"Yay!"

Ever since the Ross fiasco, Wanda got more time off so she could spend even more time together.

~~~

"And now we have, Miss Wanda Maximoff, Peter Maximoff's sister?"
The teacher asked.

"Actually Miss, I'm Peters mother."
Wanda said, standing up.

"Teenage pregnancy, such a shame."
Wanda heard several mothers mutter.

"Hello, Peter's class, I'm Wanda Maximoff, Peter's adoptive mother. Adoptive means that I'm not Peter's biological mother."
Wanda aimed that last bit towards the mother's who were muttering about it.

"I am an Avenger."

"Miss Maximoff, please do not lie to the class. There is no way that you are an Avenger. If you do not say what job you actually have I will have to ask you to leave."
The teacher said.

"I am the Scarlet Witch. One of the strongest Avengers. Being an Avenger isn't easy. Most days of the week are training days and those are tough. We have several missions a week and sometimes even one a day every day of the week. I am personally training with Loki, God of Mischief to help me get better control of my powers. Being a parent and an Avenger is tough but it is worth it because I get to help people and have a little family, like I had before my twin brother died. Any questions?"

"You're my favourite Avenger Miss Maximoff."
MJ said.

"Thank you."

"Michelle, that isn't a question dear. Does anyone have an actual question for Miss Maximoff?"
The teacher asked.

"I have a question."
One of the mother's said.

"Ok, go ahead and ask Miss Maximoff."

"Are you a suitable mother for a six year old? "

"I may not be like any other parent here but I am suitable of raising my son."
Wanda said out of gritted teeth.

"But what happens if Peter gets hurt because of your powers? How do we know that our children are safe in this school where one of the mother's is a monster?"

"I will never hurt my son ever!"
Wanda shouted in angry Russian.

"What did you just say to me? I should arrest you right here for being a foreigner!"