V.

It was the day Stella had been dreading. Sunday, more precisely the day of her dream took place.

And stella was doing everything in her might to try and convince nish not to attend.

Keyword: try.

Nish was persistent and did not budge.

"Why are you acting this way? Just a week before you were so excited."

And it was true, ever since stella got the news, she had been counting days till the wedding. And she did not want to miss it, but did she have a choice?

"And think about Jane would she not be upset if her best friend did not attend her own engagement?"

A sorrowful long sigh escaped from her mouth,
Stella was very much annoyed at how right he was. Jane had been her best friend since she remember and was practically family.

At that Nish's expression softened, "what's wrong?"

Both of them had apologised to each other on the same day of their last fight, Nish explained to her that "he had a rough day at work hence the out burst," Stella responded saying that "she found a picture of a police back at his house so she just wanted to know if he knew any". It was a lie but what else could she say? But as she said that his body went rigid before saying that her eyes might have played tricks on her. He looked scared and frustrated, but she left it alone.

But now in present time he looks at her with a soft expression and concern splattered over his face."Nothing, I'm fine."

But she was not. And he could sense that. So before he could further interrogate her she gave him a quick smile, apologising for the fuss she made and stumbled out of the room.

Guess they were going after all.

______

The engagement was on Monday. But they had planned to arrive one day earlier so that the two friends could have a little bonding time as per Jane's request.

And Stella had seen enough scifi movies to know how changing a little thing in the present can made a big impact in the future. Yes, the idea was from a movie but it seemed legit.

So Stella would do just that.

First of all, she went ahead and filled the petrol up in their car.
She precisely remembered their car breaking down.

She knew that filling the petrol would stop everything that happened.

But she just didnt want to take a risk. So she changed things. Small things that probably had zero significance, because she felt the need to.

Small things such as the dress she was going to wear that day. The last time she wore a rather grand dress. She remembers not accompanying Nish in the rain because of that very dress.

This time she decided to wear a casual dress, a T-shirt and a pair of blue jeans..and she brought two rain coats. Just in case.

She also changed the gift that she bought for their engagement. She drove to the mall, buying a new gift, not only would she buy a better gift for her angel of a friend, but she also wanted some alone time to clear her mind, and try to calm her heart that was beating like crazy.

When she was returning home she also filled the car with petrol in the nearest petrol pump she could find.

As the young man fills her car with petrol, she just hopes her heart doesnt jump out of her chest.
____________

To say that Nish was annoyed would be an understatement.

Not even an hour has passed since they started their journey and Stella wanted to fill the petrol up already! She also persisted that they had to start the journey two hours earlier than they had initially planned , and kept checking the time every single minute while tapping her foot on the floor of the car simultaneously, and it was driving him insane.

Something was obviously wrong. He tried to ask her why she was acting awfully strange, but before he could even open his mouth Stella had started rambling about who knows what.
She honestly didn't know what she was doing but she knew what Nish was going to do, so she dodged it.

After their long conversation where the talking was mostly done by Stella's side, It was quite again.

Satisfied, she leaned back, ready for a long slumber. Suddenly the car came to a abrupt stop.

Her head snapped to the window.

Hear heart was hammering in her chest, it was the same place their car broke down in her dream.

Oh no.

____________