we found him

Hesh and Keegan both were prone, hiding in one of the many bushes of the base. The base was in the middle of a very huge forest, yet filled with so many buildings. A Federation base, of course. The biggest one in the world.

They had finally found him, at least, they all hoped so. After a successful raid of a smaller federation base, they found data and a location of the biggest base in the world, a long with the prisoner files of Logan Walker.

It had been 8 months. Almost 9. 9 Long months of pain and guilt. Hesh was unable to cope of his kidnapping. Blamed all of it on himself, for being too weak, for letting him down.

Hesh had worked himself non stop, dedicated every single second of time in searching for his baby brother. He worked himself to the point of exhaustion, to the point of collapsing from anti septic shop because he couldn't look after himself.

And now this was it. All that work and all that suffering must be worth it, if not, Hesh feared he'd give up and never find his bother.

They were less than 10 meters from the pit. The pit they read about in Logan's files. It had many names such as "the torture hole, the rotting pit, hell itself." They knew they had to prepare for the worst, and there was no promise that Logan was still himself. But Hesh had hope. And that's all he needed.

"Two guards coming up. Let's keep this quiet for as long as we can until we get him out. Copy?" Merrick spoke.

All responded with "copy."

"Hesh, take the one on your right. I'll take the other." Keegan said.

They both silently stood up, Hesh ran towards his guard and immediately covering his mouth before he slit his throat. He lowered the soldier to the ground before dragging him out of view.

Merrick stood up behind you.

"I expected more guards."

"So did I." Keegan said.

"I'll cover, be as quick as you can." Merrick said."

They both nodded.

Hesh peered into the hole but didn't see much, he moved to the side and lifted the grid off the top.

Keegan jumped in, it was a lot darker than he expected. He took out his flashlight and examined the walls.

They were covered in scratch marks, blood, and dampness. It looked like an animal had been killed here.

He slowly turned around, his eyes widening in shock at the body.

Logan was sat against the wall of the pit, his arm purple and broken in more places than one. His clothes, the same ones he wore when he was captured, were torn terribly, and covered in blood. Revealing his ribs, his stomach caved in with what looked like whip lashes covering him.

His eyes were dull, confused as he stared up at Keegan. He was barley conscious, barley alive. His face covered in fresh and dried blood, his nose broken, his lips chapped and dehydrated. His cheekbones defined and face cut up and bruised. His neck was covered in more than one long bruise, as if he's been strangled with a rope. He was skinny, too skinny.

"God.." That was all Keegan could muster, guilt rose up as he stared down at the starved kid.

Hesh dropped down, his movements slow and careful as he started at his bother. His family.

He suddenly dropped right on his knees next to Logan. Movements still careful as he touched his face.

"Logan. Hey, it's me." He said in a soft voice.