Prologue

"Look closely..." He said, lifting the straw inside the cup filled with iced tea to a small ant crawling aimlessly on their table. "The iced tea you just drank... Actually..."

Didn't finish his sentence, he dropped a few drops of liquid on the straw which captured the ant immediately, making it struggled to move any further. Within a second, the ant melts into that substance which they believe to be "iced tea".

"I-It's poisonous!?" He snickered at the pointless scream. Witnessing the show unfolding before him as he continues chewing on the meat happily, savoring the taste of it.

The man sitting in front of him gone completely pale. He shakes like a leaf, eyeing his guest in dismay. For his eyes were drawn in his dark, cold gazes that seems to hypnotize anyone who came across. Those gazes are demanding him something, a message without words but could kill those who stare at them. 

"Wh-why are you doing this to me?" The old man panicked, as he starts to feel his stomach turns. Believing that the poison has started to kick in. He glances at the melted ant, thinking about his fate while being completely horrified at the person before him. The more he stares at him, the more nauseous he becomes. The poor man covered his mouth as everything he's been eating started to come straight out of him.

Blatantly eating up the last bit of meat, he chuckled at the sight of the old poor man vomiting in front of him.

"Why huh... Maybe you should've questioned yourself before getting involved with loan sharks instead of asking me." The frightened man eyed him as he stands up knowingly, "Don't worry, just go peacefully."

The man feels his stomach twisted even more. Both hands covering his mouth as he cried for help. Although, he seemed to be near his doom already.

"Goodbye." He said, his figure disappeared through the door and in that instant, the man collapsed onto the table, dead.

He heard someone's voice shrieked coming from the restaurant as he strode down the boisterous street. Walking aimlessly while dialing his client to inform them of their accomplished request.

-------------

"Here are the autopsy results, Namjoon." The mentioned man turns around to see his senior, with hair slicked back handsomely and a sparkling smile.

"Thank you, Seokjin hyung." the male nodded, handing him the files. He watched as Namjoon skimmed through it quickly.

"The victim, Changho died due to shock resulting from a sudden drop of blood pressure, right?" Namjoon read, "So the tea he was drinking must have been poisoned."

Hearing that, Seokjin sighed. "Apparently that's the case but..."

"But what?" the younger asked.

"Forensics couldn't detect anything." The older continued, folding his hands in annoyance, "In their analysis of the corpse and the location, no poison related to his death was detected."

"What? Then how exactly did Changho die!?" Namjoon brows furrowed deeply, his chin jutted out.

"I have no clue... The investigators didn't really want to give it another shot." Seokjin shakes his head, he really had no idea about this investigation.

Glancing at the files Namjoon's holding, Seokjin spotted a picture capturing the crime scene before the victim's death. He nudged Namjoon's arm and pointed at it.

"That picture is curious." He hummed, eyes narrowed. "On the security camera footage, there was a man in a black suit who suddenly disappeared right before the victim's death. This person must be related to the case in some way."

Namjoon nodded, turning around to face his senior. "Who is he?"

Seokjin licked his lips at the younger anticipating gazes, replying.

"According to the files, his name is Min Yoongi."

-------------

[Not proof read]