Utgard Castle

The image above was supposed to be a gif, But for some reason it wouldn't work, just like it wouldn't work when I tried to place it on the final bit of the chapter below

Latina pov

"There they are," I say, pointing at the soldiers who wait by the entrance to a village."It's not looking good for the village," Mike mutters, gesturing to the body of a Titan lying in the middle of a house."Yeah," I frown while my horse carries us down the path towards the others."Gelgar!" Mike calls out, catching the attention of all the soldiers."Squad Leader!" Gelgar calls out and salutes before looking at me. "Cadet romanoff how dare you break!-" " oh stuff it!" I snapped walking past with Gale " you little-"

"Gelgar, don't scold her. she is not in trouble. Without her, I would've been killed."I continued to look around of the destruction, Until someone grabs my hand and pulls me over to them. "Latina! you careless idiot!" Zane shouted while holding me tightly along with Lizzy. I look at him before turning to lizzy who sends me a sharp look. "What if you died out there?! You are so impulsive sometimes." She cried

"Well, I'm sorry!" I exclaim, and everyone looks at me. "Okay? I'm sorry that it may have seemed careless or impulsive to you two, but if I hadn't made that decision, Mike would have died! Like always my gut feeling was right!"

" don't blame her," Mike says, and they look down.

I sigh and shake my head. "Look, I shouldn't have gone off on you two like that. It was uncalled for, and yes I know it was irresponsible of me just disregarding my own life, but that's just who I am" I said,

"You just worry us sometimes.  I wouldn't be able to live if something bad happened to you and we couldn't help," Zane says softly."Just... just please be careful...I Don't wanna lose any more family" lizzy whispers, i smiled and hug her tight "Don't worry, I will," I reassure them before looking over my shoulder to see Mike talking to Gelgar who has concern written across his expression. 'I wonder if they're talking about that Beast Titan' I frown slightly."What's going on?" Berthold asks while walking over.

I stare at Mike for a few more seconds before sighing, "I don't know."all three zane, lizzy , and Bertolt send me a quizzical look before Connie and Reiner walk over. "Latina, you're okay," Connie says with a small smile."I am, there's nothing that can take me down" I chuckle before looking around and frowning, "but what happened here?"

"T-this is my hometown," Connie whispers, trying to hold back tears."No bodies have shown up either," zane murmurs lowly, and I look around."Really? That's unusual," I state, and Reiner gazes at me."What is?" he inquires, and I walk over to one of the destroyed houses and pick up a rock."There's no blood around here at all. We're all aware that it would look like a massacre here if Titans came through and killed everyone."

"Do you think there's a chance they're alive?" Connie asks hopefully, and I frown." Connie- I'm not exactly sure. At first glance it seems there might be a chance, but why is the village destroyed? If the villagers were evacuated in time, there would be no reason for this place to be destroyed. Also, the stables still contain all the horses, so I really can't say what happened here."

"She's got a point. If they evacuated, it would've been on horseback, but the horses are still here. That leaves the question: what happened here?" Zane murmurs, Connie looks down sadly, and I rest a hand on his shoulder. "Have hope, Connie. There's still a chance that they might've made it out of here."

"Everyone, have a torch?!" Gelgar asks while walking over to us."Okay. Let's move. Our mission is to evacuate the breach!" Everyone was about to move on, but I gasp when I remember something. "Wait a second mike!"Mike turns back around and looks at me as I fiddle with the latches of my ODM gear. "Going to strip for us, Latina?" Reiner smirks while leaning against the wall of a house."F off, Peeping Tom. Get your head out of the gutter!" I scowl, making my friends laugh while Reiner blushes