CORPSE AWAKEN

CORPSE AWAKEN

Second period just ended. Grade 9 Diamond students made their way out of the room to spend their vacant time. Most of them went to the canteen to take a snack. And just a little while passed, the only student who stayed in Diamond room 'who was asleep' was immediately awakened by a loud scream.

Jeric groaned, "Why are you so noisy people?" Then he realized that he was the only person in the room. He went towards the door and tried to open it. But it was locked! "Those assholes. I'm gonna punch their faces. Really!" he whispered in gritted teeth and kicked the door.

His classmates made fun of him again. He should know that. He stayed in front of their room's tinted window and he was shocked upon realizing what was happening outside the room. Students were chasing other students. They were hitting each other. It's like a riot!

Then a scenario flashed on the other side of the window. "What's happening?!" he blurted as fear enveloped his whole. "Why did Carl bit Bryle? Is he insane?!" he screamed in frustration.

A minute passed and he was startled upon realizing something which was unbelievable. Really unbelievable, but it's now happening! "Oh fudge! Was he turned to a zombie?!" he asked himself.

And a scenario outside the room confirmed his deductions. His classmates were involved. Janine was trying to bite Graziela but the latter was doing her best to block her. But sadly, she wasn't able to stop her. Graziela was bitten and instantly turned to a zombie!

He was already freaking out. He didn't know what to do. Jeric took a step away from the window and covered it with a curtain when the zombie students started to attack the room. He locked all the windows and made sure to cover it with dark-colored curtains. He was panting when he was finished. And then his stomach growled, "My friends are already hungry."

He walked towards his seat and brought out his snacks which he had prepared himself. Before taking a bite on his pancake, a thought passed his mind. "Yeah. I should think and find a solution for this. But first, I should eat my snack. I'm really hungry," he whispered.

While busy eating, he managed to roam his gaze all over the room until it stopped on an unfinished eaten bread roll. It was quite suspicious. "It's supposed to be yellowish, but why its color is purple?" he thought.

He immediately finished his snack and started examining the purplish bread roll. "The color itself is suspicious. I've never seen purple bread rolls being sold in the canteen before. I doubt that it's because of food coloring," he picked and smelled it. "Yuck! Why does it smells so freakin' bad? It stinks! Bread rolls aren't suppose to smell and look like this." He threw it somewhere and went towards their room's Movie Corner.

His classmates loved to watch zombie movies in their vacant time so he was sure that there were DVD's left in the cabinet. "I will watch every zombie movie if I needed to. I will find a way to cure them. I will cure my classmates," he said positively with full of hope.

He played the first movie. It's The Walking Dead. Even if he was scared, he tried his best to finish it before he watched another zombie movie. He spent almost 10 hours on watching and he finished 5 movies. He turned off the TV after the last movie and rested for a while. He closed his eyes. It was so quiet. A complete silence. He was too tired that he fell asleep quickly. Just when he began to sleep soundly, again, a loud scream woke him up.

"Jeric, open the door! Our teacher's already here!"

"Zombiiiiies," he murmured and opened his eyes. "Freakin' zombies, my God!" He was shocked upon realizing that everything was just a nightmare and their next subject was already up.

He saw his classmates and their mad looking teacher outside the clear window. "I should blame my classmates for watching those scary zombie movies," he whispered to himself and scratched the back of his head as he walked towards the door and opened it.

"There are no zombies all this time. I really should stop my classmates from watching them. I'm doomed now," he breathed in and prepared himself to receive all his classmates wrath.

The end.