Chapter One: The Last Date

As I stepped into Mr. Agreste's office, I playfully asked, "Are you ready for our date tonight?" He looked up, a warm smile on his face, and replied, "Yes, my peahen."It had been three years since we revealed our identities to Ladybug and Chat Noir. Since then, Adrien had been helping his father find the courage to propose, and I had moved in as our relationship grew stronger.

     Standing in front of my closet, I sighed, "Oh dear, my butterfly, I have nothing to wear." Gabriel chuckled softly and said, "I have something special for you. You'll love it." He held up a stunning black dress with red trim and matching heels, elegant with a black strap. I went to change in the bathroom, and when I emerged, my hair was down, cascading to my side. Gabriel's eyes lit up in surprise. "You let your hair down. You look absolutely beautiful," he said, admiration clear in his voice.

      "I thought you'd like to see how it looks when it's down," I replied with a smile.
We then strolled to the bakery and bought some macarons. As we walked in, Sabine greeted us warmly, "Well, welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Agreste." I shot a glance at Gabriel, who chuckled and responded, "The eagle hasn't landed yet." Tom, standing nearby, quickly added, "She didn't tell me anything, or I would have given you a heads-up." I laughed, "Very true, Mr. Dupain."Gabriel, with a wink, said, "I'd like to buy some macarons," as he followed Mrs. Dupain-Cheng to the back. I turned to Tom and asked, "Is Marinette with Adrien? I thought they might be here."He nodded, "Yes, they left about an hour ago. They didn't want to disturb you two."

       A few minutes later, Gabriel and Mrs. Dupain-Cheng returned. "I thought you'd never come out," I teased. Gabriel grinned, "Stop being petty, those puppy dog eyes won't work on me."

       I laughed, "Oh really? What are we going to do with you?"        

       Taking my hand, he said, "Go on a date."

       We walked to the park and found a bench to sit and talk. As we chatted, Gabriel held out a red, black, and white macaron. "Nathalie, Mrs. Dupain-Cheng made this for you to try," he said, handing it to me with a smile. I took a bite and suddenly hit something hard. "What's this?" I exclaimed, pulling out a beautiful engagement ring.

       Gabriel took the ring, knelt on one knee, and with love in his eyes, asked, "Nathalie Sancoeur, will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

                                          TBC..............................