Chapter 5: Two not One

Side Note: The ambulance came and got her, she was out for a few days. Adrien and Mari came to see her, when they got some interesting news.

I lay unconscious in the hospital bed when the doctor finally spoke up, "Mr. Agreste, we've figured out what happened."

Gabriel, my husband, was clearly worried. "What happened? She was fine, and then suddenly, she's here."

The doctor explained, "She's pregnant with twins. The shock of it, combined with being early in the pregnancy, caused her to faint."

At that, I shot up in bed, wide-eyed. "Twins? You've got to be kidding me!"

My father, always quick with a quip, chimed in, "Nope, you're having the kids."

I rolled my eyes at him and asked, "Was that supposed to be a joke? Because if it was, even the Joker would cringe."

My mother, Gabriel, Marinette, Adrien, and even the doctor couldn't help but laugh.

My father sighed dramatically. "Out-joked by the Joker herself. You sure do use a lot of lipstick."

I shot him a playful look. "One, I don't wear lipstick that much. Two, I don't have green hair. And three, I'm a girl, not a clown."

Just then, I felt a sharp pain, and both Gabriel and I instinctively reached for my tummy. I looked around and noticed Marinette and Adrien standing nearby. "Hey, I didn't even see you two there. How are you?"

Marinette smiled, "Good! I can't wait to find out the gender."

At the same time, Gabriel and Adrien both said, "Genders." Adrien then added, "Hey, Mom, I'm good." He leaned in to give me a gentle hug, as if I were made of glass.

I laughed softly. "I'm not that fragile, Adrien. You can hug me a little harder—just not too hard."

He smiled and gave me a slightly tighter squeeze. "I love you, Mom."

"I love you too, son," I replied warmly.

The doctor returned with good news. "She can be discharged today, but she needs to stay in bed for at least a week."

I looked at Gabriel, who looked at my mom, who then glanced at my dad. He looked at the doctor, and we all burst out laughing. The situation had gone from nerve-wracking to lighthearted, and it felt like everything was going to be okay.