Interlude 1: Lurking Umbra

Jackal was watching everything from a giant monitor. "Gray Serpent's black market and Heliopolis have been wiped clean. And Raven managed to retreat safely. Pity that Project Stigmata went down the drain, and we lost the valuable Herrscher samples. But after all that's happened, you finally can't keep your cool anymore... Durandal, I hope you're worth all the waiting." Said Jackal before contacting Kevin.

"Master, Durandal got pushed back by HoD and then escaped with HoV our of Arc City. And now Durandal is hunting them down. We have intel that they're heading to a dead city in North Africa. The thing about this place is that we picked up dozens of Honkai energy spikes in the past two years there. The energy signature pointed us to the 2nd Divine Key. The deserted city is a test field." Explained Jackal. "Time to leave now. We have much to do." Said Kevin.

"One more thing. After coming into contact with the EOS engine 15mins 36s ago, Kiana Kaslana willed herself into HoV like how Patrick Ewing wills himself into HoD. That's her first time and her energy level was much lower than Sirin, but undoubtedly, she's beginning to "fledge". As for the boy, his energy level was still the same like Drago. Should will include them in..." "I have other plans for them." "Understood."