Dragon Butters

In a world where humans and dragons are at war, you go hunting at the word of your parents. You were originally sent to slay one of the horrific beasts that raided your family's home weeks ago. What you find is not what you expect.

As you hear a rustle coming from a bush, you immediately point your weapon at the sound. You're ready to attack and kill whatever creature emerges. Even if it isn't a dragon, you can still use it as a food source.

A few minutes pass, the forest completely silent besides for the natural sounds that have kept you sane throughout these harsh years. It is then that you discover the thing in the bush has already left. You sigh in defeat and slump down against a rock. Even with your intimidating actions, you still weren't ever the best hunter.

You want to just give up right there, but a noise stops you. Not natural. It's too loud to be what people say is a "normal" animal's effect.

You listen a bit closer. The sound of something gently lapping at a nearby pond fills the air. You pick up the weapon you had unknowingly thrown down and hide behind a tree. You peek out and glare at what it is. A dumb dragon unaware of life's dangers. An easy kill.

You step closer to get a better shot at it, but in the process, you step on a twig. Unsurprisingly, it cracks and two eyes are on you. You cautiously take a step back and aim your weapon at it with shaky arms. Hunting dragons is a very rare occasion for you.

It slowly stalks closer to you. Frightened, you drop your only attacking item. Although having lost all hope, you bend down to pick it up. When you get back up, the creature is right in front of you.

You take this chance to attack, but its scales deflect your move. This is it. You're doomed. Doomed with nobody to save you, taking into account how deep in the forest you are. Nobody will hear your desperate calls for help even if you tried. The end of your life is now. At least, that's what you think.

It sniffs you before... rolling onto its back? Only now you can see its untouched stomach skin. It doesn't even seem hostile. It just stupidly pants like a dog, waiting for you to rub its stomach. What did you even get yourself into?