Chapter 14

The day after that, everything felt weirdly normal. Harry does his ridiculous amount of work, Draco checks on his potions and notes the differences in effectiveness for each type for a newly mutating poison. In the afternoon, all soldiers were gathered into the public square, where Harry made his announcements.

"The enemy has retreated. We will attack them again to take back Treasure Island for good measure." Harry began. Bellatrix hushed the Slytherin crowd with a wave of her sword, nodding for him to continue with a proud smile. "We can stop after that, or we can continue attacking till they're wiped off the maps."

"I cannot guarantee how long that will take, neither a low mortality rate. Therefore if you do not wish to participate this time, I bear no grudges." Slytherin's shared looks. "As per Gryffindor principle, war prizes will be split evenly, regardless of participation. Salary and bonus will be equal." Harry assured. "Please discuss."

The Slytherins murmured, while it was pin-drop silence on the Gryffindor end. One girl shouted, "Fight till the end!" Then, a couple hoots and cheers. Before Draco knew it, the whole public square echoed with Gryffindor cheering, drowning out noise from the Slytherin's side. Harry passes Hermione a roll of parchment for people to write their names down and opt out anytime, if they decided to change their minds, anyway.

At night, Harry supposedly ended his work early, even though a book all about war was still in his hand. 'For leisure'. Draco almost scoffs hard enough to spit his water out when he said that. He had that book open long enough for Draco to realise that he didn't flip a page for however long he had been staring.

Almost an hour later, Draco mumbled something about being tired, so Harry would accompany him to their bedroom. Harry stripped to his pants to change, giving Draco a very nice view of his back muscles. Draco, rather decidedly, wrapped his arms around Harry's waist.

"Thought you wanted to go to bed early." He whispered as Draco pressed kisses from the neck to his shoulder blades.

"Maybe I thought wrong." Draco said, his fingers dancing over the curves of Harry's body. They slid over his arms, down to his sternum, tracing over the ridges on his stomach, and then tugging gently on the rim of his pants. Harry turned around, pressing the length of the bodies together.

"Ride me." Hooking 2 fingers into the waistband, Draco leans forward and kisses him, savouring every second of it. Harry let him take the lead, laying down so his back was flat against the bed.

Draco crawled onto his lap, both hands planted next to his shoulders as he bent down to kiss him. Harry pulled his shirt over his head, tossing it to the edge of the bed. His nails ran over his back, slow, but rough. Another hand was fisted in Draco's hair, tugging.

Draco led that night, even though they both very well knew that Harry was the one who held control. There wasn't talking, not much, only the sounds of soft laboured breathing and a series of unashamedly pleasured groans. Draco climaxed with Harry's name muffled in his own throat, Harry's own seed filling him.

Lying on Harry, with one cheek pressed to his chest and Harry's hand undecided between resting on his waist or cupping his bum as he whispered sweet comforting words into his ear, was one of the best feelings in the world. Draco closed his eyes, savouring the moment for a few more seconds. He memorised every bit of this, terrified of the idea that Harry would leave and never have the chance to come back again.

Draco must've shivered, since Harry dug out an old handkerchief to wipe the liquid running down his thighs and between their stomachs, then carefully tucking the both of them under the quilt. There, Harry places a soft kiss on his forehead, exchanging a quiet 'I love you'. In Harry's warm embrace, Draco falls asleep quickly.