Prologue

I had many hopes and dreams in life, don't get me wrong. However, there was only one issue, I have a huge secret. One so scary I feel I can't tell anyone, and if anyone were ever to find out, I would die, well inside at least. Sometimes it can be suffocating to keep everything bottled up, but you get used to it. It kills when people want to leave you all the time because they don't understand you, but you get used it. Expectations are always broken, but you get used to it.

In life, I had gotten used to expecting the worst and hoping for the best. There never was a best. There were never good times. I can't name one thing that's gone right in my life. I was bullied all throughout school. I never had solid friends. I never had a boyfriend. I had an abusive father and a sad excuse of a mother. I was an only child. I've always been alone. My secret was the one thing that kept me going, hoping, that maybe life would change for once in my favor.

Nothing had ever gone right for me. Nobody had ever loved me. Until Reese. Reese showed me that life can have a purpose. I didn't have anything to live for. Nobody would care if I were to drop dead at any moment, but that didn't matter to me, not anymore.

My biggest flaw is that I trust people far too easily. I gave him the power to shoot and waited for him to pull the trigger...