Hero Of Eternia

Chapter I

It would seem a normal day, except that the students of Eternia are flying, some are running in an insane speed while others are riding all sorts of beast on their way to the academy. It is only Xerxes that walks from his dormitory across the road to his classroom at Eternia Academy. Well, that is because he was known to be a “zero” having no particular magic power at all; except that he has an exceptionable sword-skill. Xerxes is usually bullied by his seniors getting a telekinetic wedgie and a flood of wet Willie into his ears, and then get his butt kicked most of the time when he fights back.

Well, this legendary swordsman eventually got used to all of it ignoring any kind of bullying he could get from those tormentors. With the help of his band of the great losers of the batch, his friends Agatha and Eolith, he was able to loosen up on all the discrimination they always get most of the time.

Agatha is a low-level magician that can cast only fireball on her enemies and no other spells, except flying on her broom—that is if she could recite them properly. Her case of bullying is only among the master magicians of the academy getting her name-called such as “Ms Fireball”, “Fire girl” or “Tragic Magician” which usually offends her; though, she can’t fight back.

Eolith is a shape shifter but also a coward only using his power to escape from the shame he mostly gets from anyone that humiliates him—of course. And, he doesn’t answer back on all the name-calling and hide from it instead while disguising himself as a hamster or guinea pig or rat inside a small space.

Agatha found Xerxes while riding her broom to school. He was reading a book as usual which is mostly about studying different types of sword techniques he could use—hopefully against the bullies of Eternia.

“Hey, Xerx…!” Agatha shouted. Xerxes continued to walk ignoring her since he is completely sucked up on the book The Hundred and One Ways to Slice and Dice your Enemies—just the book that he needed.

She, then, decided to fly in front of Xerxes to block his way and, maybe, be able to talk to him, finally. But, though amazing it would seem, Xerxes just dodged her passing through her in a very quick speed. She lost her temper throwing a fire ball through Xerxes’ hair leaving ashes and a small flame on a string of hair.

That was the only time when he noticed Agatha behind him after he was done reading a whole chapter of the book.

“Oh, I didn’t see you there.” He began.

“Well, obviously.” She muttered. “I was trying to get your attention until now.”

Xerxes got to a weird conclusion that she likes him. “So, are you going to ask me out?” He concluded.

Agatha gave him a sharp slap on the face and Xerxes’ face seemed to steam—as expected of the “Fire girl” when slapping men. He quickly rubbed his face from the burn he got from the burning slap-to-the-face Agatha gave him.

“Are you stupid or ignorant?” She frankly shouted at him with a trace of redness on her face. “I was just going to ask you about Eolith.”

“Oh,” Xerxes was done stroking his face after the steam on his cheeks stopped. But, the red mark of Agatha’s hand is still on it. “I saw him as a horse earlier running to the room.”

“Then, why didn’t you follow him?” She seemed to be furious. “Don’t you know that he would get beat up inside?”

“What’s the problem with that?” He was unsure of what Agatha meant. “No one would bother him until later noon.” He reasoned out. “Well, that’s when they do so most of the time, right?”