2

(yee yee, we get to the fun stuff now)

T/W: Possession, manipulation, my cringy writing and random fourth wall breaks

POV: Virgil

I sigh and walk out of my room quietly. I walk down the hallway to the living area looking at my feet and listening to my footfalls too focused on that to notice the dark silhouette in the kitchen. The silhouette that was watching me. The silhouette with yellow eyes.

I walk to the couch and lay upside down on it with my legs hanging over the top and my hair brushing the seat. I listen to songs from MCR through my headphones for a while. When the playlist stops playing, I look at my phone.

9:15. Strange. Logan is usually up earlier than this being productive or whatever.

I move and sit on the couch like a normal person would. I stay like that for a while longer.

10:00. Ok... what happened. Patton usually has pancakes made and Roman is dramatically entering asking for them. I slowly stand up with the intention to look for them, but a dark figure blocks my path. A figure with (you guessed it) yellow eyes.

I take a step back startled.

"Hello Virgil, I can see the others totally love you." Deceit's head was turned but he was still looking at me.

I glare back at him, "What do you want?"

"Not to help you."

I'm taken aback a bit, "You hate me."

"I do."

I think for a bit.

"... What do you have in mind?" I ask cautiously not letting my guard down.

Deceit sighed and looked at me straight in the eye looking kind of... disappointed?

"I don't want to help Virgil. The others don't hate you."

"What are you talking about?"

"They are here, aren't they? They heard your nightmare and came to help you."

"How do you know about that?" I take a slight step back in fear.

"I heard what everyone else did, and I didn't come to check on you."

I thought for a little more. "I'm sorry, but you've never cared before, why would you now?"

Not waiting for a response, I walked up the stairs to check on everyone else. I knocked on Patton's door first since it was the closest to the stairs.

"Patton?"

I heard mumbling on the other side of the door, then a quiet, "Come in kiddo."

I open the door and walk in hesitantly. The voices in my head wouldn't let me forget Deceit's words.

"What are you doing up so early kiddo?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

Patton yawned and pointed at his alarm clock.

5:30

Five, freaking, thirty. Deceit stayed true to his name.

I realize Patton's looking at me for an answer.

I smile, "It's nothing, I just... thought I heard something in here."

He smiled back tiredly, "Well, I'm ok, so why don't you try getting back to sleep?"

"Ok."

I leave the room knowing full well I won't sleep, but I'm not going back into the living room with no one else. I sit on my bed just looking around, and listening to music. Everything's ok.