The Sketch

8 years later
"Mommy!" Deann yelled from her room. I quickly put down my sketchbook and handed the colors to gon. "I'll be back" I said as gon nodded and began to color in the sketch. I went into her room to see her playing with her poker cards stacked up in a pyramid. "Mommy look!" She said as she got up on her feet and walked my way. "Oh wow! That's amazing sweetheart" I said as she held my hand. "Daddy showed me last time and I wanted to do the same" she said as I smiled. "Speaking of him he should be arriving today or tomorrow for your birthday" I said as I looked out the window. "Cmon we should go to the woods with gon to pass some time instead of waiting here at home" I said as she smiled. We left the room and went to the living room. "Gon do you want to come with us to do woods?" I asked as gon shot to his feet "sure! Cmon Deann I'll race you guys" he said as Deann jumped in excitement. "You sure you can beat me?" I asked as gon smirked. We walked out the door as I locked the door. "Ready.... set.... go!" I yelled as the three of us began to rush towards the woods.

I beat them of course it took them ten minutes to catch up with us. "Slow pokes" I said as both of them pouted. "Where did you get you stamina from mommy?" Deann asked out of breath as her yellow eyes looked my way. "I already told you old habits die hard" I said as she huffed a laugh and started picking up branches. "Gon can you please show me how to make arrows?" She asked as gon nodded and they walked further into the woods. I leaned into a tree from afar when I heard branches snap from my right side but I turned my head left and started walking around quite and taking in the surroundings. I came from behind the guy as I slid a blade from my sleeve up to the guys neck. "I could never get past you sister not even 8 years can change" the voice said as quickly let go. "I can't believe it took you so long to find me my dear little brother" I said as illumi took out his pins and transformed back to his normal appearance. "Father wanted you to leave you alone for a while so I did my best to respect his wishes we could have brought you back 8 years ago if we wanted to because that little boy toy of yours couldn't be quite" he said as I arched an eyebrow. Illumi took out something from his pocket and handed it to me. I unfolded the piece of paper to see it was the first sketch I did of chrollo my whole body froze did he really sell me out? "He gave us your location for business years back and father decided it'd be best to leave you alone and not force you to come back especially since your baby died" he said as I looked up confused but I played along. "Yeah so what it's not like you guys wanted me to keep it anyway" I said as I leaned on a tree. "Y/n I'm sorry for what happened back then" he said as he walked closer. "It's past us isn't it? What is it you want? Why are you here now?" I asked as he straightened up his posture "Father wants you to come back" he said as I shook my head. "I can't I still have business to settle here" I said as illumi looked curious "I'm going to take the hunter exam in a few weeks after that I'll go home for a visit" I said as illumi nodded. "I'll see you there then" he said before he left. I stayed where I was for a couple of minutes before I knew for sure illumi had left and I went back to the kids clenching onto the sketch in my hand.

"Mommy are we going somewhere?" Deann asked as I packed up a load of clothes for her in a backpack. "Yeah you'll go with aunt mito" I said as she clapped her hands in joy. I dropped her off with gon and I headed back home to see chrollo in the living room. He stood there as he smiled slightly once he saw me. I walked up to him as he wrapped his arms around me and I punched his stomach. He took a step back as he held onto his stomach. "What was that for?" He asked as I threw the sketch to his face. "You sold me out!" I yelled as he stood straight and walked towards me. "Y/n let me explain" he said as he took a hold of my wrist so I wouldn't hit him. "You know I can easily escape from your hold chrollo why would you sell me out!" I yelled as I began to kick but he backed me up to a wall. "Y/n I need you to calm down" he said as I started to move my wrist. The room was filled with both of our blood lust trying to intimidate each other. The both of us weren't backing down.