▽ | of christmases

The girl was caught off guard when a green-eyed, dark-haired (the most beautiful) boy was staring down at her, his face just inches away from hers.

And that's not the only thing that took her breath away. The background behind him: the snow falling gently onto the ground, the soft light of the city up ahead, the dark grey sky; they had almost made the boy look like...

"An angel."

But that particular voice took her by surprise; it wasn't hers, it was his.

A choking sound escaped her dry lips-a gasp and a whimper-and heat crawled up to her neck and she buried her face into her scarf around her neck.

But even when she tore their gazes away, she could feel his beautiful green eyes on her, still. She shifted on her seat uncomfortably, ignoring the fact that her heart was beating fast she thought her heart might explode on the spot.

Slowly, she tried looking up to find the beautiful boy gone out of sight, but then a heard a cough beside her; she tensed up, twisted around to see him beside her.

Her ears were ringing but she could hear his gruff voice beside the girl and she grew redder.

"Hi."

For what seemed like eternity, she looked up into his eyes, and she was drowning in them. She managed to choke out a sound.

"Umph."

He chuckles softly, a grin spread across his face, and a dimple on his cheek, and-

Irrelevant.

He faced the view in front of them, and she did the same. The trees were bare yet covered with snow on their branches. The snow around them glistened under the faint sunlight which hid perfectly under those puffy clouds, and the girl almost thought it was only a beautiful faerie tale.

Almost.

She bit my lip a little too much she could taste blood as he spoke carefully.

"So, what's a b-beautiful girl doing out h-here in the c-cold?" She could hear his smile as he said so, despite his chattering from the cold; she smiled at that.

But she stayed quiet.

They were both lost in this awkward silence, but nobody made a move to speak first; not even him. But he stayed; she felt glad.

Moments later, she peeked sideways at him; he was looking down to his watch, and gave a sigh.

"Well, my princess, I shall take my leave. But no worries, something tells me that we'll see each other soon."

He winked and bowed, then he slowly padded away.

She watched him go, his figure soon blurred and disappeared into the mist.