Chapter 2

It was finally fourth period. Gosh, this day was going by slow. My mind wandered to my conversation with Lux as my teacher droned on with the lesson. I couldn't go through with that, could I? I mean Toni was loved and seen by all, while I always fell into the background. This kind of situation only turned out good in movies.

     My thoughts were interrupted by the beautiful sound of the bell. Gathering up my things I merged into the group of my classmates, all of us trying to squeeze our way out of class. I needed to get home and have a nice warm bath and some good, old fashioned, Belgian waffles. 

--------------------

     After a relaxing bath and a plentiful plate of waffles, I retreated to my room for some homework and quiet time. I plop down at my desk and open my math textbook. I had to get my mind off everything and math was so mind-numbingly boring it seemed like the right way to go.
But of course, my plan had to be ruined when Lux came barreling into the room.
"You couldn't knock?" I said rolling my eyes.

     Out of the corner of my eye, I see him flop down on my bed. "You'd probably tell me to go away. I know you're annoyed with me, but I'm just trying to help. I was talking to Lizzy today and she said she'd help you through this."

     "Elizabeta...wants to help me?"

     "Yeah."

     "How...how did you manage that? I didn't even know you talked to her." 

     "She's much nicer than you think. I mean we aren't friends but we are... acquaintances you could say."

     "So...we're really doing this?"

     "I mean...it's up to you in the end, but I have set up some support."

     "Can I sleep on it?"

     "Of course." And with that, he hopped off my bed and out the door.

     I tried to bring my attention back to my work, but to no avail. After about ten minutes of trying, I shove everything back into my bag and pull out my phone. I open up my contacts and click on Lovi.

Emma 4:15: You busy?

Lovino 4:15: No? Are you okay?

Emma 4:16: Yeah...yeah

Lovino 4:16 : Em...don't lie.

Emma 4:17: It's nothing really, Lux is just bugging me about that thing from lunch.

Emma 4:22: Lovi?

Lovino 4:22: sorry I was distracted by Feli. Just don't do anything you don't want to.

Emma 4:23: Yeah. It's not that I don't want to. I do. But at the same time, I'm scared to ruin our relationship.

Lovino 4:24: Do you want my honest opinion?

Emma 4:24: Sure...

Lovino 4:26: You should just fucking do it! That bastard cares about you too much to let something like this come between you.

Emma 4:26: Lovi...

Emma 4:26: Thank you! 

     I take a deep breath and take my notebook out and begin writing down a plan. If I was going to ask Antonio out, I would do it in the best way possible.