Chapter 18

Mauve

Mauve

"Bitch, does Abel need a chef or something? I can whip some shit up for a check!" Rickey exclaims making me and Jada laugh.

My best friends and I have linked up today to count our money for our dream trip to Bora Bora. Everyone is making good progress, but I've nearly reached my goal because of the well paying job I have.

Luckily, I don't have jealous friends and they're happy that I'm ahead. I assure them that they'll do same and we'll be on the beach soon, but course Rickey and Jada had to make a few jokes anyways.

"Momo is the chef, she cooks and clean for her man." She chuckles chiming in.

I laugh moving my hair behind my shoulders. "Y'all I'm just the babysitter."

We all stare at each other in silence for a few seconds before laughing out loud again all together.

Now their jokes have me thinking about Abel. I think about him all day anyways, but now I'm ready to get to work to see him.

Being in his arms is the best feeling. Sometimes I have to remind myself that we're not as together as we think we are, but it still doesn't change the fact that I love him. I love him even though I have a boyfriend that I can't seem to love yet.

Continuing to calculate our goal total, in no time it's time for me to get to work finally. Rickey and Jada leaves out while I prepare to get ready.

After a shower, I walk into my closet wrapped in my towel ready to pick out an outfit for today. I keep it causal with an oversized tee and biker shorts, with my hot pink Ugg slippers.

Spraying on my favorite perfume and applying some clear lipgloss, I grab my keys and things heading downstairs. I'm not even out the door yet and all I can do is smile to myself thinking about Abel still. I can't believe he has me like this. I'd be lying if I say I didn't see this coming though.

________________________________

Abel

"You're getting good at this daddy." London smiles approving the job I did on her hair.