Chapter 15.

Kiss

"Mommy," i called my mom's attention as i opened the door of her room after knocking. We were here in our home at Vancouver and she's watching news inside her bedroom.

She glanced at me, "yes?"

"I went to a store kanina, right?"

"Yes.."

"I have met someone—" i was cut off by her sudden reaction. She quickly stood on her feet with her hand on her mouth.

"Who!?"

Napakamot ako sa ulo ko at biglang kinabahan, nanlilisik ang mga mata ni Mommy na nakatingin sa'kin. Lumapit siya sa'kin at hinawakan ang magkabilang balikat ko, i looked down on my feet.

"L—Loraine ang pangalan," iyon ang nasabi ko. I looked up at her and sigh, she's still looking at me in shock.

Umiling siya, "what did she tell you?"

I recall everything that Lady told me, "she said miss na miss na daw nila ako, saka nu'ng kuya na sinasabi niya. I don't know who is it, pero sabi niya miss na miss na daw ako no'n."

I saw her eyes watered as I talked,

"i thought hindi ka nila na-miss.." sabi niya. "But they do, pala. Gosh, can't wait for everything to settle down para makabalik ka na at maipagpatuloy ang pag aaral!"

She sounds so excited, i can't wait too. I wanna know how it feels like to be home, pero according to Mommy matatagalan pa, sobrang dami niya pa daw inaasikaso. Her company, may project pa daw ang company niya sa Singapore. Si Kuya Aldus naman, busy din. My other brother Uriah is also busy.

Sometimes Mommy used to go back to the Philippines so she could check her company, she used to left me here with our servants and came back after a week or less.

She can stay for a month naman sa Pilipinas kaso takot daw siya na baka may mangyari sa'kin. About a month ago, she told me na may pinaurong daw siyang kaso.. i don't know what case is that but she told me na hindi na niya itutuloy 'yon. I asked jer about that pero hindi niya 'ko sinagot. I feel like, they're being selfish, o dahil baka iniingatan lang nila ang kondisyon ko ngayon.

A week after we stayed in Vancouver, Mommy decided to go back to LA, maayos ayos naman na ang kondisyon ni Joseph, nakakaupo naman na siya at naoperahan na, nag umpisa narin ang chemo niya.
He was so happy as he said, nagkuwento siya sa'kin ng mga nangyari sa buhay niya, he told me that he felt devastated when he heard about my accident.

I bid a goodbye to them before stepping inside our service going to the Airport. They were sad, they're actually telling us not go home yet but.. mom want's to so... I was just resting inside the car going to the Airport while Mommy is busy with her laptop, she's doing some work.

I opened my phone and texted Ranz, "we're going home."

I waited to his reply but none came, i sigh... and put my phone back inside my shoulder back, i closed my eyes and let go a deep breathe.

I was about to sleep when Mommy's phone rang. I opened her eyes and looked at her, she smiled at me before answering her call and holding it near her ears.

"Yes?" She said casually, i noticed her nod. "Oh, really? Sure, you can." That's all she said before she hangs up.

That's Mommy, gan'yan ang pakikitungo niya pag may kausap sa cellphone, her answers are too short and sometimes she seems so uninterested.

"Mommy," i called her attention, boredom stikes to me while we were on our ride going to Airport. "Describe me, before..." i trail.

I am actually curious about myself.