Hiraeth

Fuzzy.

Everything was fuzzy.

Everything doesn't make any sense.

Walking down the long road, he heaved a deep sigh. His head was throbbing all along as he took the unfamiliar path. There was a slight pain in his neck too, as if he was wearing a very tight choker. He caressed his neck to ease the pain but it was no help.

Where was he?

He has no idea where he was. The last thing he could remember... strange. He couldn't remember what happened the day before. Worst, he couldn't even remember his name!

Blast! Who was he? What was his name?

Groaning, he stopped walking and sat on the gutter of the sidewalk. He placed both of his hands on his temple and massaged it. Maybe if he could remember what happened yesterday...

A sharp pain attacked his head. He shouted with frustration and it didn't help at all. Instead, it worsened. Taking a harsh lungful of air, he looked at the long road ahead. It almost looked endless. Maybe it is endless.

"Are you lost?" A voice beside him chuckled.

He jumped from his seat, clearly startled by the unwelcomed attention. His visions focused on a small girl near his age. She has a jet-black hair; tied in a ponytail, perfect brows, thin lips and small but pointed nose. Her pitch-black eyes were too startling to stare at. It was like he would be lost in the darkness of it when he stared at it for more than five minutes. She was wearing a simple black shirt with a statement of REAP on it and white jeans that hugged her small frame well. She was wearing white running shoes.

"Um, I... I'm sorry," he said. "Who are you?"

"Oops, sorry 'bout that." She beamed. "My name's Ellie."

"Ellie..."

"Yes," Ellie's smile grew. "And you are?"

"I... I don't know." He said, slowly shaking his head. "I can't remember."

"Hmm," Ellie's smile turned into a frown. "Shame. Why can't you remember it?"

"I really can't remember a single thing." He confessed.

Ellie placed both of her hands on her hips. She raised an eyebrow. "It's not always every day I always encounter this. This is new."

"What?"

"Oh, nothing!" She waved her hand dismissively. "Let's start with the basics. Any clue who's the current President of the United States?"

"I've said—"

"Yes, I heard you." Ellie rolled her eyes. "How 'bout we take a walk? Surely it will help you relax your mind and probably, remember something about yourself."

"A walk... sounds great."

Under any normal circumstances, he would have been terrified by the fact that he was being accompanied by a complete stranger whom he has only met a few minutes ago. Unfortunately, this was no normal circumstance.

"How do you feel?"

"Strange." He said. "I mean, who wouldn't feel strange when one couldn't remember his name?"

"Maybe I would," Ellie said.

"Yes," He said, looking at her dark eyes. "You are strange."

"Everyone calls me that," she said coolly.

Speaking of everyone, he took a look at the endless road. It was surrounded by a green sea of grass and trees. He hasn't seen any visible houses nor any sign of life. He would have thought that this place was deserted if it hadn't been for Ellie.