Chapter 6

Tessi P.O.V
I am slowly swallowing my dinner, which as Emily had previously stated, is macaroni and cheese. I think back to the conversation I had with the 3 girls earlier.

"So where are you from Tessi?" Blair questioned.

"I live in Tennessee. You know, like Nashville." I quietly replied.

Fern looked up, her mouth slightly agap. Every time I look at her, she reminds me of someone. She reminds me of one of my old friends. Who died two years ago in a crash.

-------------------------------------------

"Okay have a safe flight Emma." I said as I hugged her for the last time before see went on her plane home.

"I will. And don't forget, you're coming down in two weeks to say bye to my sister and say at my place for 3 weeks." She sternly told me.

"Yeah I know. It's going to be SO BORING!!" I exclaimed while she looked at me, feigning anger. We both started laughing.

We stayed like this for a few minutes before Emma had to catch her plane.

I waved at here as she walked away. "See you in two weeks Emma." I whispered.

THAT NIGHT

I sat down on the couch and switched the TV on. Jacob came down the stairs looking like he had just been crying. I hate to see him like this even though I have no idea what is wrong.

After a few minutes he finally told me. A plane had crashed when I was on my way home and one of his friends was on that plane. They weren't close, but still it was sad.

A few more minutes of crying he told me which one of his friends was on the plane. "It was Emma."

I started laughing. He always make jokes like this. He looked up at me with a questioning look amongst his tears.

My laughing immediately ceased. He isn't joking. I was lucky that we were sitting down because I collapsed into him and started sobbing.

Since everyone else was home, they heard us both crying and came into the room. We told them what happened with tears staining our faces and as they gathered around us, we heard the news presenter say what we just had.

Jacob and I cried ourselves to sleep that night.

-------------------------------------------

I still don't know why Jacob cried that night. He didn't know her as well as I did.

I had only met her parents once. I was going to meet her sister when I got over to her house two weeks after the crash.
Her family was nice. Emma obviously belonged with them. She was the familys' doll. Emma had big dreams and knew that one day she would make everyone of them a reality. Well thought.

"Umm, Tessi? Earth to Tessi.?" Blair questioned trying to get my attention.

"Yeah." I said back trying to sound casual.

"It's been like 2 minutes and you haven't eaten anything and I don't think you've even blinked..." She trailed off.

"Oh. S Sorry. Just........thinking" I stuttered.

Blair gave me a look and was about to say something about it, but Fern softly spoke

"It's okay Tessi, we all had moments like those when we first arrived."

The whole room went quiet. Fern and I went back to eating and soon everyone else followed.

A/N
I'm so sorry guys! I didn't mean to take this long to update.
I'm sorry for the short chapters and such.
Just sorry

-C