one.

1.

January 3, 2008 5.46 pm London, UK

I walk down the streets with my head down. Not wanting anyone to see my face.

It's not that I don't want anyone to be my friend. Wait.. That is the case.

I don't want anyone being my friend. I'm just scared of them getting attached. Scared of them being scared of losing me. Hey, I can be worth it. Sometimes.

I stuff my hands in the pockets of my coat. Why did I not wear gloves? I scold myself quietly.

I stop walking and look up to the sign going to the right.

Ferguson St.

I walk to the street and count the doors on the left.

One

Two

Three

Four. Jackpot.

I stood infront of the metal door. Shivering slightly as the night creeps on.

Two knocks. And when someone asks for the password, say Paradox.

I mumble his instructions quietly. I truly wonder about this boy. This boy and his big words. This boy and his weird instructions. This boy. I wonder what he looked like.

I knock twice and patiently wait.

The slide opens, revealing a pair of grey eyes.

"Password?" A gruff voice asks. "Paradox." I say, barely whisper. I hear a series of locks being turned. And when the door creaks open, no bigger than what I can fit myself into, I step inside.

"Welcome, Ms..." The man said.

"Weston. But please, call me Jeana."

"Ma'am it is under my orders to call everyone using their last name. So if you don't mind, I insist on calling you Ms. Weston. Now, Mr. Avison is waiting upstairs." He quickly said. I open and close my mouth multiple times. Unsure of what to do, where to go or what to say.

"Oh how rude of me, this way Ms. Weston." He raises his hand, with his forefinger sticking out. "This way. Follow me please." He walks in front of me, gesturing for me to follow him. I silently follow him, feeling quite like a child. We walk through the dim halls, our footsteps echoing. We stop in front of another door.

Two knocks.

"Yes?" A cold voice asked.

"Ms. Riddle? Young master's guest has arrived." The man said briskly.

"Of course. Come in." The voice almost sneered. Hmm, I thought, What's up with her?

My eyes felt like saucers once I stepped inside.

There was a grand staircase, it's railings made out of shiny wood. The stairs had a red carpet. There was a beautiful chandelier hanging above. Underneath the staircase was a fireplace. It's almost too cliché.

"Miss? Up here please. Two doors to your right. Make sure you knock before you enter. And please, enjoy your stay with the young master." The man said with a glint of amusement in his eyes. I felt my cheeks flush. "T-thank you. And I will." I say, finishing with the smallest of smiles.

Tonight's going to be quite interesting.

-unedited.