THE CHARMER

Hyejin was busy taking mental notes about the men she talked with. She's tempted to take out her laptop and type their answers. She questioned them what made them try speed dating. Do they truly believe the system and whether they actually think they can meet their "One True Love" today. She wondered how many times they have done this before. If they did try this before, what was the result? And if the food from the Hotel's Restaurant is different from the buffet here. If so, she might as well find a match. For research purposes of course, she claimed to herself.

Jungkook, who is now talking to the woman on Hyejin's right, couldn't help but listen to her ridiculous questions. He was eavesdropping while fighting the urge to laugh out loud. He wasn't really paying attention to the woman in front of him until he felt her hand touch his. He looked at her eyes, down to her lips and further into the off shoulder dress she has on. 

"You're really pretty," Jungkook said. 

"I would love to go with you to the restaurant for the second date but don't you think it would be better if we just order food through room service?" the woman said, making Jungkook grin.

He's handsome and he knows it. Why shy away from God's gift, he often replies to his friends when they mock him. He exudes charisma that makes him irresistible to most women. If they like him then it's game on. And if they don't, he just simply moves on. It's simple as that.

The process went on for another 30 minutes then it was time to choose. Jungkook shook his head and smiled at the thought of wanting to write Hyejin's name. It's not because he likes her. He just enjoyed talking to her and it's been a while since he had an exciting conversation. Well, at least, that's what he's telling himself.

He suddenly felt the urge to look for her. It seemed like everyone is serious. Choosing whose name to write like their life depends on it. But he almost burst into laughter when he saw this one woman who is now making her way to the buffet. In the end, he decided to let go of the little attraction he felt and just have fun that day. 

The participants who have successfully matched were called on to the stage. Sunny was paired with the bearded guy. Jungkook got paired with woman number nine. She's really pretty, Hyejin thought. Then another five pairs come up. 

Hyejin is clapping while looking at the pairs on the stage. She's happy that Sunny made a match but she also felt ridiculous for actually writing someone's name. Did she hope that he would pick her? Maybe. Did she expect him to? No. She was very sure he wouldn't. 

She found herself looking at him and him looking back at her. She gave him a thumbs up as her way of congratulating him and he smiled. Their stare lingered through out the organizer's final remarks until she decided to break eye contact by walking towards the buffet again. 

"Hyejin! Are you just going to eat and not congratulate your unnie?" 

Hyejin turned around and hugged Sunny while trying not to spill the food on her plate.

" I was going to congratulate you if your second date goes well. Why are you still here anyway? Shouldn't you be in the restaurant by now? "

" We're going when the tables are available. I will call you when I get home, okay?" 

" Okay. Tell me if it goes well. I really hope it does!"

Sunny feels happy because she was able to make a match. She is thankful for Hyejin's effort but she feels guilty for dragging her into the event even though she's not interested in finding love herself. 

It has been three hours since the event ended. Jungkook is currently waiting in the hotel's bar for his friend Jun, the organizer of the event. 

"Hey Jungkook," Jun said.