Chapter 1

Schlatt could feel his eyelids becoming heavy, he hazily looked up at his computer screen trying to focus on the sentences stretching across the word document. Something about colonial america? spanish settlers? pilgrims? native americans? Schlatt felt his head drooping towards his desk and he quickly jerked up.

"Why do i feel so tired?" he mumbled to himself, as he rested his head on his hands covered by the sleeves of his over sized hoodie.  He lifted his eyes up to the computer and checked the time. 

"1:26 am!! SHIT I have school tomorrow. Screw American history i need my beauty sleep."

And with that schlatt shut down his PC and stood up from his spinning chair. Outside his window the street was completely pitch-black but he still pulled down the blinds anyway. For a second he thought about brushing his teeth but ultimately decided that he was so tired that he would probably pass out if he walked all the way to the bathroom. Schlatt pulled off his black jeans and Schlatt 2020 top but left his hoodie on because he felt way too tired to actually get changed properly. 

He switched off the light and then fall back onto his bed and pulled his covers up over him. He heard a recognizable buzz from behind his head and he reached his hand over to grab his phone from the charger. 

"Who the fuck is up at half one in the morning? Ohhh of course it would be Connor." Schlatt swiped up on his phone screen and tapped on Connor's message.

Conareatpant:

hey schlattttt are u awake

Schlattus:

i wish i wasnt

Conareatpant:

hOw coULd u saY tHat whEn u hAvE uR AmaZInG frIeNd cOnNor tO taLk tO?

Schlattus:

ok watever but why tf u up so late

and how do u have so much energy

Conareatpant:

i was streaming until like 20mins ago and i waaanted to talk to someone

Schlattus:

greeeat well im gonna go sleep

Conareatpant:

wat the hell dude if u go ill be lonely :(

plus have u even looked at the group chat lately

Schlattus:

no why

Conareatpant:

carson added this dude called ummmm... wilbur... i think

hes a streamer and hes at our schl too 

Schlattus:

ok ill check the group chat

but im really fckin tired so gn

Conareatpant:

ye cya at school then

gn

"Am i ever actually gonna go to sleep?"Schlatt sighed as he rubbed his eyes. He tapped off private messages and went on the group chat.

The BOIIIS

Callmecarson added WilburSoot

Callmecarson:

guys this is wilbur

Cscoop:

ok... but why did u add him to our group chat?

Callmecarson:

oh right... well hes a streamer and hes starting at our school tmr so i asked if he wanted to stream with us sometime

Cscoop:

see that makes a lot more sense

Slimecicle:

Carson did he pass the test?

Callmecarson:

Yes.

Slimecicle:

ok good i was just making sure

Cscoop:

wtf is the "test"

Callmecarson:

I have literally no idea

"They are so weird," schlatt grinned as he scrolled through the old messages. 

WilburSoot:

hiya

Cscoop:

hey wassup

Slimecicle:

Welcome to our humble group chat

Traves: 

WilburSoot:

:)

so um what do i call you guys?

Callmecarson:

Everyones names in this chat are their gamer tags but these are everyones real names-

Cscoop= Cooper

Traves= Travis

Slimecicle= Charlie

Jschlatt= Schlatt (he doesn't like using his first name)

Connoreatsants= Connor

Hugbox= Noah

Jawsh= Josh

TedNivison= Thats just literally his name

WilburSoot:

well it's nice to meet all u guys but i gtg sleep 

Callmecarson:

yeah same, bye yall

Traves:

byeee 

Slimecicle:

gn

"Wow, imagine going to sleep at 10pm. Wouldn't be me!!" Schlatt joked to himself. "but i should seriously go to sleep now or i wont be able to wake up on time tomorrow for school. First lets have a quick look at this wilbur person."

Schlatt closed down his messages app and went on google. He searched up wilbur soot and was surprised at how quickly his name appeared in the search bar. He scrolled down and noticed a music video at the top of the page and clicked on it: "KMD- (american poetry club cover)".

Schlatt's eyes widened as a boy appeared on the screen, holding a guitar in his hands. The boy had adorable, dark-brown, wavy hair and he was wearing a cute little smile on his lips which made his whole face light up with joy. Schlatt was shocked by how good-looking he was and marveled in amazement as wilbur's hand began gently strumming the guitar strings. And then he began to sing. Schlatt paused the video and grabbed some stray earphones that were lying under his bed and plugged them into his phone, then he pressed the play button again. Wilbur's voice started to flow out of the earphones and Schlatt laid back in his bed and placed the phone down next to his pillow. His eyes slowly closed and he passed out of consciousness.

Thanks for reading :)