11. With the Buterflies and Bees

A/N: The previous chapter was sorta abrupt with it's ending, so here's an epilogue/ proper conclusion to the end of this book.

I want to thank everyone who gave this story a read, vote, and comment. I appreciate every one of it even though I'm at a loss for words and don't know how to respond. There were some hardships in the way but I'm glad I got to finish an idea I had in mind for a while.

Thanks again for the fan arts too, I hope you can all feel motivated to draw no matter if you're good or bad at it. The thought counts. Anyway on with the chapter, with your lovely suggestions in mind~.

__________________

The marketplace is bursting with life like always. And with life comes longer lines of people waiting for their turn at buying something specific.

You impatiently tap your foot against the ground, your eyes going back and forth to the front of the line.

"Come' on man... I'm gonna be late." you murmur to yourself.

Choose goose reemerged from his stall with what appeared to be a haunted piece of armor.

"This one is perfect for haunted houses, it's also good protection against ghosts!" the goose exclaimed.

You smack your hand against your forehead with a desperate sigh. "Choose goose for the last time, I didn't come for armor I just wanted to know if you had a picnic cloth or something."

"Oh, oh, of course, I have picnic mantel... it's uh..." Choose Goose says nervously. He looked around everywhere except directly looking at you, his behavior was suspicious there was no doubt about it but you didn't have time for this. You are needed elsewhere.

"Forget it, I'll just improvise!" you said out loud, grabbing your backpack and a picnic basket.

"Wait, don't leave yet." The goose tried to call you back but you were already jogging away.

This was a mess. Not only were you late to your first official date with Fern, but you were lacking the main objects for a picnic. After coming back from the underground caves you and Fern blacked out due to exhaustion.

[Flashback.]

You groggily opened your eyes after sleeping for what felt like centuries, your head throbbing painfully due to just sleeping too much. Every muscle in your body was sore, and you were sure your bandages needed to be changed. However, there was one thing that made all of those things go away for a second.

Fern was currently curled into a ball next to you, sleeping peacefully like a child. You felt your heart skip a beat and your breath hitch. He looked adorable.

Fern's sleepy face twitched, his eyes slowly opening in confusion

Fern's sleepy face twitched, his eyes slowly opening in confusion. "This isn't the top of the treehouse..." he mumbles unconsciously.

His eyes widen at the sight of you, his face darkening upon realizing your intertwined hands.